PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Universe: Xbox 360 Title Update to Version 2.0001

JKKDARK
January 30th, 2008, 00:49
via PSO-World (http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1790&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)

The Xbox 360 versions of Phantasy Star Universe and Ambition of the Illuminus will be updated to version 2.0001 during the February 1st maintenance period. This title update will address some issues in the game, such as the Photon Gacha text bug and machine gun glitch.

Sega would like to remind players to log out of their gamertags and restart their Xbox 360 consoles after receiving the update in order for it to function properly.

Shadowblind
January 30th, 2008, 04:31
I wish I could play this game, but I'm told you have to pay more then just for Xbox live to play it...

VampDude
January 30th, 2008, 09:29
I wish I could play this game, but I'm told you have to pay more then just for Xbox live to play it...

One of the many reasons I never buy games I have to pay to play online, I mean you buy the game, yeah that's great, and then you have to pay again to pay the damn thing, logically it makes no sense, and on the Xbox360 your already paying for Live GOLD, all these developers see is "$$$" :(

Ewan
January 31st, 2008, 13:49
MMO's need servers to hold data and control the action. Most LIVE games are written such that one of the boxes acts as the host for the other people in the game - thus no centralized nature.

The dev's have an additional cost to make a MMO-style game that isn't covered by LIVE Gold. Remember, the dev's never see a penny of your Gold money, that goes to Microsoft to pay for their servers in order for you to find people to match against.

It's akin to the Internet in general, or a bit like cable TV. Most of the money that gets paid to the cable company never is seen by folks like Discovery or SpikeTV - they rely on commercials. Thus channels like HBO have additional fees that go directly to the channel.