PDA

View Full Version : Standby mode

VampDude
January 30th, 2008, 05:21
Is there a way of the console being in standby mode without the disc slot lighting up after 4 hours?

I know it's not due to a system malfunction, but it's annoying when it just decides to light up.

rudster
January 30th, 2008, 05:35
i think it lights up for a reason, like some type update or message

VampDude
January 30th, 2008, 05:45
i think it lights up for a reason, like some type update or message

It lights up even without an update or a message, if every time it lit up there was an update there would be cause for concern, or if it lit up for every message I would seem to be very popular.

rudster
January 30th, 2008, 05:46
lol try haveing no cd inside? lol. trial and errors

VampDude
January 30th, 2008, 06:11
lol try haveing no cd inside? lol. trial and errors

My Guitar Hero III disc that was inside the console is sitting on top of the T.V. but it still lights up (randomly) after a few hours.

Shrygue
January 30th, 2008, 15:26
Just try turning off the WiiConnect 24 function under settings then.

Here's another solution, it works well for me. That is, if you're not expecting anything any messages during the night. All you do is when you finished playing on your Wii console for the day, you pull the power supply cord from it or switch off at the mains. There, you're guaranteed no blinking disk slot during the nightime.

VampDude
January 30th, 2008, 15:54
Just try turning off the WiiConnect 24 function under settings then.

Here's another solution, it works well for me. That is, if you're not expecting anything any messages during the night. All you do is when you finished playing on your Wii console for the day, you pull the power supply cord from it or switch off at the mains. There, you're guaranteed no blinking disk slot during the nightime.

I quite regularly pull the power cord from the back and then re-connect, the main problem for me is that I don't want to turn the console off fully (standby is quicker to start from), I will try the disconnecting from WiiConnect24 though.

Shrygue
January 30th, 2008, 16:06
A full powerdown is better, sure it might take longer to start up (not that I see any difference though) but at least you're not drawing power, therefore wasting less electricity. Also, less risk of overheating the machine itself. The other thing is the adaptor makes an annoying high-picthed sound when not in standard standby (not WiiConnect 24 standby) so that's why I turn off at the mains or pull the cord from the Wii.