PDA

View Full Version : wifi stopped working for no apparent reason

dark heart
January 30th, 2008, 06:52
hi, when i tried to connect to my netgear wifi modem, whilst opening up the psp web browser, it says;

"A connection error has occurred.
The attempt to obtain the IP address
timed out".

and this has never come up before, it started doing this immediately after installing the latest public build of IRshell, i don't know how it could interfere, but I'd really like to know why i just lost the use of my wifi connection.

a few more things i have to mention as well, it's nothing to do with the performance of the modem, because my wifi usb adapter works fine and lan cable as well.

has anyone ever had this issue? or know a solution or have an idea for that matter...

VampDude
January 30th, 2008, 07:21
I used to get all kinds of problems with my PSP's and my wireless network.

What I used to do was take the battery out of the PSP and also the memory card and reset the modem and as the modem re-boots place the battery and the memory card back into the PSP.

mike_jmg
January 30th, 2008, 20:13
I lost the use of my wifi too, like a week ago
mine said the same, so i tried to create a new connection, but the damn thing wouldn't even scan.

It got fixed when I tried to use online mode through a game, tekken to be precise, but I think it'll work with any game that has an online mode.

I think it just needed a little push to work

hope this helps

Wally
January 30th, 2008, 21:55
Tried reformatting flash1 in recovery?

Shrygue
January 30th, 2008, 22:03
Perhaps the CPU clock speed is set too high? Sometimes I get that if I set my PSP at 333mHz. Try using a slower one, if that's the case or choose the default setting.

mike_jmg
January 30th, 2008, 23:56
Tried reformatting flash1 in recovery?

when it happened to me, I did that and it didn't work

Perhaps the CPU clock speed is set too high? Sometimes I get that if I set my PSP at 333mHz. Try using a slower one, if that's the case or choose the default setting.

and I always have the default setting on cpu clock

dark heart
January 31st, 2008, 08:03
:D aah thanks VampDude that seems to have worked