PDA

View Full Version : custom logo ip.bin not working

SeAcabo
September 19th, 2004, 16:29
i'm trying to make a custom logo on my snes emulator for my dreamcast. for some who do not know. u know the part of the game when u first turn it on it says---

SEGA this game is licensed by sega enterprises blah blah

well i'm trying to change that to this pic i've created. i'm using all these logo tools and ip.bin's and i can't get it to boot. i've used other ip.bin's "consolevision etc" and gotten it to work. when u start up a game w/there ip.bin it says consolevision next to SEGA. also the emulator "dreamsnes" has three pages of logos/underground company logos on there game. i'm just trying to change that boring logo to this one. if any one has been succesful in this please tell me how u did it. i have no idea what to do anymore. i've used all these programs and nothing has worked.

quzar
September 19th, 2004, 16:40
cant do it buddy. The Licensed by sega thing has to be there. if not it would have been removed long ago since none of this stuff IS licensed by sega. The only area you can replace is that part where the WinCE logo usually shows up, since the ip.bins only have two settings "SegaOS/katana" and "Other" which is WinCE (but for our purposes is also anything other than katana)

Eric
September 19th, 2004, 17:43
Damn i wish there was a way to use that cause it looks so damn good

SeAcabo
September 20th, 2004, 13:40
then how did coleco vision or console vision (dun remember) get there lil logo on the title screen i'll just try a basic one color image. i know the image can only be 320 x 90, 128 colors and less then about 8200 bytes. pretty basic. i'm guessing i couldn't replace the whole SEGA blah blah blah image with this one. which is what i wanted to do. i also found a program ip.bin creator but it has no instructions on how to use it. also i don't have an idea on how or if u can change the image. oh and eric if u want to see the full image i can send it to you. it was eay to make, it looks much more complicated than it is. i used adobe photoshop 7. i just made the sonic in the backround blur (gaussian blur) to make it look far away, made the SEGA and the lil sonic team head that replaced the TM spot look like wind was taking it apart. i used a tool in the filter section called wind. did it twice to the SEGA logo only once to the sonic team head. then another one called glass. it turned out my pic was about 10000 bytes (in .bmp format) 266 colors and smaller than 320 x 90, i made it 280 x 50 for the ip.bin. oh well i had fun makin it. but i'm still gonna try and make another one. i'm guessing that the image u make only takes part of the image. but i still wonder how the makers of dreamsnes put in three pages of logos with the names pike and other stuff. oh well.

souLLy
September 21st, 2004, 09:46
you can get custom graphics into an ip.bin, you just cant fill the whole screen with a graphic... yes its possible to do different sized images (see dream-o-ramas special release) but generally if you use the tools available publically you can only have a little 150x50(??) graphic to the bottom right of sega's logo.

SeAcabo
September 25th, 2004, 19:06
well i got this program called .mrtool but it doesn't work with the ip.bins i have b/c they're not clean i can't find one with nothing on it. they all have that damned coleco vision thing on there. dream-orama is that an emu for pc that can change it or what? i'll look on the site for this.

Eric
September 25th, 2004, 19:11
I think its possible but i have to see what the image stats are for the original bin. I remember in the past for Nester DC people could make there own theme's but nobody knew how. Your screenshots have to be the same stats as the screenshots that the emu came with. So the IP.bin could be the same or may not.