PDA

View Full Version : Let's join together and complain!

IndianCheese
August 5th, 2005, 04:02
Sorry for making so many posts, but I'm full of ideas. We should all send complaint letters to Sony about how, although we love our sexy PSPs, it doesn't make sense for a company like Sony to just ban homebrew. It would encourage PSP to-be owners to get one, so they could not only enjoy today's high-tech entertainment, but be able to relive the great games of the past. Think about it: the PSP is already an MP3 player, digital movie center, photo gallery, and game entertainment system, but with homebrew, it could be a drum machine, an organizer, a weather forecaster, a calender, a calculator, and and even a remote for their other products. They could also provide an online game portal, like P-TV, where you could buy commercial games like Bejeweled to your PSP. On it's first play, it would interlace your MAC address with the program, so only your PSP could run that copy of the game. There are so many possibilities for Sony that it is not taking advantage of. And as for the UMD piracy, UMDs could contain an embedded code, so they can only be run from UMDs. Sony just wants to be "safe" instead of "risky". There is one thing I don't get: how is converting a DVD to your PSP considered piracy? If you can't but the movie on UMD and you own the DVD, it's YOUR video, right? It's not like you're selling Memory Sticks with the movies already on them, right? It's not like there would be any possible way for them to get any money out of it. And besides, if you don't have a subscription to P-TV, what videos would be considered legal on your PSP? Downloaded movies? Nope. Downloaded TV shows? Uh-uh. Music videos? Nyet. Next, we won't be able to play our downloaded MP3s. Then, I'll really be ticked off. So please, join me in complaining to Sony and help us all claim our PSPs' full potential! Please?

P.S. Feel free to use any of my ideas to help complain to Sony, and post here when you have done this.

MaverickHunterX
August 5th, 2005, 16:07
Unfortunately, Sony is keeping not only their legal intrests in mind, but trying to make the green. It's the nature of the beast. On one side it does keep us interested in our PSPs a little more, but not for the content Sony actually releases.

It really depends on how strong the community is. Just look at the Xbox scene, there was some hububle about mod chips at first, then it flipping flooded the internet and landed even a spot on the Screen Savers showing the methods.
If the community is strong enough, there is no need to complain, just innovate new ways to get the most out of our 250 bucks and show the true potential of the machine. This not only will motivate already talented people, but have some gratifying importance for thoes coders who are already busting their ass off for you.

Just have patients

Fly On
August 5th, 2005, 23:15
Complaining to Sony won't cut it. You'd have to have a SERIOUS issue (like your PSP exploding in your face) before Sony will give in to fixing it.

davidgilmour
August 6th, 2005, 13:09
HOMEBREW IS HERE TO STAY !!! F**K SONY !!! EMULATION ROCKS !!!

ILL NEVER BUY A SONY GAME EVER !!! RETROGAMING 4EVER :D :D :D :o :o :o

Cap'n 1time
August 6th, 2005, 15:56
HOMEBREW IS HERE TO STAY !!! F**K SONY !!! EMULATION ROCKS !!!

ILL NEVER BUY A SONY GAME EVER !!! RETROGAMING 4EVER :D :D :D :o :o :o

you know what else rocks? the caps lock key! :)

Valiant
August 6th, 2005, 15:59
Do you think sony wants to be sued by several companies by allowing (as in promoting) homebrew? I am pretty sure you have a brain IndianCheese

yah_mon
August 28th, 2005, 02:45
Some guy in the UK actually got sentenced for mod-chipping X-Boxes. That is not really fair, especially since they usually pay around 20-50% extra for most games. (No, I am not lying - its the same here in NZ but not as bad)

Kaiser
August 28th, 2005, 05:57
Some guy in the UK actually got sentenced for mod-chipping X-Boxes. That is not really fair, especially since they usually pay around 20-50% extra for most games. (No, I am not lying - its the same here in NZ but not as bad)

You realise this topic is dead?

yah_mon
August 28th, 2005, 06:00
lol, someone will read it anyway.

Tomppa
August 29th, 2005, 14:46
It is not dead if someone like me reads and writes it..

grabnak
August 30th, 2005, 01:13
DEAR $ONY,
THE CAPS KEY RULZ!!!!! OK I HAD TO GET THAT OUT OF THE WAY. Please stop making security to "ban" homebrew on the PSP. IF you do, I promise (for real) taht I wont use emulators like uo_snes, TYLsnes, NESTERJ and others to emulate material that is not mine. I will also delete all the music I downloaded taht is from the Sony music label. I just want to play chess on my PSP.

Just make sure you make an announcement when you decide to stop upgrading PSP to not run homebrew.

k-bye :cool: