PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Hellraiser2006
January 31st, 2008, 23:27
Hi

I havent used my psp for about a year, and would like to buy a new game but dont want to upgrade the firmware, as I still want to watch movies off my memory stick

I think I am running Devhook 0.5 at the moment, to play GTA, can anyone give me some guidance on what I need to do.

Cheers

mike_jmg
February 2nd, 2008, 06:29
how in hell wouldn't you be able to watch movies on your psp if you upgrade??

Anyway, you don't have to worry about updates anymore and devhook either, Since now there exist Custom Firmware, created by Dark Alex (From now on known as your God), Custom firmware lets you enjoy everything you have on 1.50 version but in the latest firmware

So, install 3.52M33, then 3.52M33 update 4, then you can go to 3.90M33 and put the 1.50 kernel addon

just follow the readme files, they'll tell you everything you need to do (is not like rocket science... or devhook)

For more detailed info check the wikipedia link on my sig

and yeah, custom firmwares are in www.dark-alex.org
and the required update files can be downloaded from www.psp-hacks.com

Have fun

edit: after you're done with this, use the option on psp that says format memory stick (make a backup first though), and it will create all the folders you need

Hellraiser2006
February 5th, 2008, 14:12
thanks for the info, I can now play my new game.

Can you give me some further info as I am not sure whta diff is between this and normal FW.

Can I downgrade to 1,50 again, or do I not need to now???

I take homebrew is still possible?

Sorry for the new boy questions

Thanks

Shrygue
February 5th, 2008, 15:14
Custom firmware is a mix between normal and hack firmware. So you can do the stuff on a normal PSP and play homwbrew on it with extras. Also, if you use something like 3.90 M33, you can obtain the 1.50 kernel and be able to use homebrew that works in 1.50.

For downgrading to 1.50... well you could if you wanted to, but there's very little point in doing so though.

Wally
February 6th, 2008, 22:48
how in hell wouldn't you be able to watch movies on your psp if you upgrade?

Some UMD movies have firmware updates built in, and they require that firmware to run the movie.. Pretty awesome eh! *Not*

Hellraiser2006
September 1st, 2008, 22:40
Hi there, been a while but just wanted to get some advice on what to do, I tried to look at 3.52 m33 update 4 but was not sure what to do, dont want to brick my psp.

I think I am at 3.52M33 at present, what is the best thing to do now

Sonicboy 101
September 1st, 2008, 22:43
If you're happy the way you are, you can stay there. Otherwise, you should upgrade to the latest CFW, 4.01 M33.

Hellraiser2006
September 1st, 2008, 22:55
If you're happy the way you are, you can stay there. Otherwise, you should upgrade to the latest CFW, 4.01 M33.

Whats the best way to go about that though???

How do I play my backup games as I just been playing off of UMD at present

Sonicboy 101
September 1st, 2008, 23:04
You can update using the installer. It can be found here (http://exophase.com/files/psp/401M33.rar). The readme is inside the file, be sure to read it.

It is against the rules here to speak of ISO's, Sorry.