PDA

View Full Version : PSP Emulation

Sonasol
January 31st, 2008, 23:13
Hello.
I don't know if this is the right place to do it, but I would like to know if there is any way I can put any emulator on my PSP. The problem is that my memory stick is only 32mbs.

Thanks in advance.

JKKDARK
January 31st, 2008, 23:16
well it's too small. I think you can put an emulator and some games, but I recommend a bigger memory stick.

Sonasol
January 31st, 2008, 23:17
well it's too small. I think you can put an emulator and some games, but I recommend a bigger memory stick.

Yeah, I should get a better one.
What emulator can I put?

Eviltaco64
January 31st, 2008, 23:22
What emulator can I put?

You can put some NES, SNES, Genesis/Megadrive games on it.

JKKDARK
January 31st, 2008, 23:23
What emulator can I put?

Any emulator with small roms. What console do you want to emulate?

Sonasol
January 31st, 2008, 23:27
Any emulator with small roms. What console do you want to emulate?

NES and Megadrive. (and maybe GBA)

Could you give me some links about it, please?

Sonasol
January 31st, 2008, 23:27
You can put some NES, SNES, Genesis/Megadrive games on it.

Can you explain me how, please? :)

Tesseract
February 1st, 2008, 00:01
Most Emulators will include README files to help you get them in the right spot on the MemStick. You can find the Emulators easily on this very site.

Also, you didn't really say if you have Custom Firmware running on your PSP. SONY'S official firmware will not let you run anything homebrew-ish.

That said, the only REAL limit is likely to be ROM size. The emulators themselves take up little space. GBA roms can sometimes push 12-16 MB, so be careful with those. N64 ROMs range form 4-64 MB and SegaCD is right out (unless you skimp on the audio tracks, but that's still pushing it.)

There really isn't much of a reason for you to avoid upgrading your MemStick. 2GB and even 4GB sticks are dirt cheap now (with some 4GB sticks sighted for US $35.)

Safari Al
February 1st, 2008, 00:07
first off, is your system firmware 1.50 or a custom one?

bah
February 1st, 2008, 08:19
To run homebrew your PSP must be running either official firmware 1.5 or one of the custom firmwares.

If you are running an official firmware, and it is more recent than version 3.50 then you will need a bigger memory card just to be able to make the PSP homebrew-compatible. The pandora's battery (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2148004676&postcount=15) method will not work with the 32mb memory stick included with the PSP.

Don't buy memory sticks from ebay, they are mostly fake and often do not work properly.

Wally
February 1st, 2008, 10:59
SNES OR MEGADRIVE, WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING..

Theres a WIDER RANGE.

GB, GBC, SMS, MEGADRIVE, ATARI 2600, COMMODORE 64, NES, SNES, ATARI LYNX and MORE

Just think a bit ok

Baboon
February 1st, 2008, 11:19
SNES OR MEGADRIVE, WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING..

Theres a WIDER RANGE.

GB, GBC, SMS, MEGADRIVE, ATARI 2600, COMMODORE 64, NES, SNES, ATARI LYNX and MORE

Just think a bit ok

Agreed. :D

I'd also recommend: Amiga, Mame4all, pc engine, ZX Spectrum... plus I've even ripped some of my psx iso's to less than 4mb so I guess they could also squeeze on to his tiny 32mb stick. :thumbup: