PDA

View Full Version : M3 Simply or Real??

ibiza420
February 1st, 2008, 23:14
Hi everyone,

I'm gonna buy either a M3 Simply or a M3 Real, but I'd like to know what are the main differences.

The only one I am sure of is the SDHC support of the Real, that the simply does not have.

The Real being out after the Simply, what are the other differences??

Is the DSReal GBA Pak compatible with the M3 Simply? Can it be bought separately (or without buying the entire M3 Real Perfect kit)?

Please tell me all you know of the differences between both!

Cheers :cool:
ibiza

aztekkid
February 2nd, 2008, 02:02
Don't. Buy an R4DS. It's basically the same thing but the R4 is a wee-bit cheaper. It's just my opinion. Don't plague me with feedback please.

ibiza420
February 2nd, 2008, 03:09
Hi,

well thanks for your post but can you elaborate?

I'd still want to know what are the major differences between the two M3, and now, why you think the R4 is better

anyone can say more?

thanks!

edit : does the R4 supports GBA by the way? I'd want to play GBA games too as the Real supports them (what about Simply??)

Tikker
February 2nd, 2008, 05:50
they're exactly the same card, made in the same plant

1 different solder point, different sticker, and different splash screen when they boot

otherwise identical

buy whichever one you can find cheapest

ibiza420
February 2nd, 2008, 05:54
Hello and thanks

Are you talking about the M3 Simply and M3 Real,
or about the R4 and the M3s( possibly the Simply) ?

Again, my main concern is the differences between the Simply and the Real, so that I would like to hear.

But if you can tell me good reasons to get an R4 (is it better than Simply?), please explain :)

thanks again for all help! :thumbup:

superduffman2
February 13th, 2008, 21:35
the "M3 simply" & "R4 Revolution "are the same just different labels.

the Main difference from the M3 Simply is that REAL comes in packages with optional Rumble Expansion Pack and more importantly you can buy a GBA Expansion Pack for M3DS Real and play Gameboy Advance Roms on the DS! (You can get this for the Simply by just buying the m3 lite witch is the same as the reals addon pack)Other updated features include High Capacity microSD card support - where as the previous model of the M3 Adapter was not compatible with HC memory cards. You can still use regular micro SD cards, but when the bigger 8, 16GB and even 32GB HC SD cards come out you can use those as well.

http://www.gameboy-advance.net/ds-lite/m3-ds-real.htm

ibiza420
February 13th, 2008, 21:47
Hi

thank you very much for your complete answer. :)

I guess if I want to play DS games as well as GBA games on my DS, I have no choice but to go with the M3 Real + GBA package.

thanks again
ibiza

DanTheManMS
February 13th, 2008, 22:41
You could also get a different slot-1 device plus the EZ-V 3in1 expansion pack.

ibiza420
February 13th, 2008, 23:08
it's really all the same?

There are really no advantages/disadvantages regarding a possibility or another?

I guess the final price is the only thing that makes you choose a solution over another then...

ibiza420
February 14th, 2008, 01:21
Oh I just saw another alternative :

http://www.kickgaming.com/ezflash-bundle-newyear-edition-p-299.html

it's the EZ5, a Slot-1 card,
bundled with the EZ-V 3in1 expansion pack.

this is the cheapest slot-1 card I found.
So...is the EZ5 slot-1 card as good as a R4 or M3?

thank you so much :)

NitsujX
February 15th, 2008, 20:16
I was looking into one today, but I decided not to.
Somehow, I have become quite attached to my Max Media Dock...XD