PDA

View Full Version : Running 3.80m33-5, confused about Kernel 1.50

allancoblue
February 2nd, 2008, 02:09
Hi all,
This is my first post and any help offered would be most appreciated.
Basically over the last few months I have been upgrading my firmware with each change offered up by darkalex and on the whole I seem to know what I am doing, however I'm now running 3.80 m 33-5 and tried to add a PSX PBP file (first attempt).
I used Isobuster and PSX2PSP, but no game file is found on my memory stick.
I've tried putting it in the Game folder, Game150 and game380, but nothing is shown on the screen.
What I want to know is have I got the 1.50 Kernel installed?
If I go into recovery mode it does show: Game folder Homebrew currently (1.50 Kernel) and I can change it to 3.80 and vice versa.
If this is correct and I have got 1.50 installed what else can I be doing wrong?
Many thanks

mike_jmg
February 2nd, 2008, 06:01
you want to play PS1 games right.

change the kernel to 3.80 and put the generated EBOOT.PBP file on ms0:/PSP/GAME/Any folder name you want/EBOOT.PBP

allancoblue
February 2nd, 2008, 11:36
you want to play PS1 games right.

change the kernel to 3.80 and put the generated EBOOT.PBP file on ms0:/PSP/GAME/Any folder name you want/EBOOT.PBP

Many thanks for that, I can't believe that all it took was to put the Eboot into another folder!

Thanks again..:thumbup:

allancoblue
February 2nd, 2008, 15:47
Whoops spoke too soon.....
Although that works fine, I'm still unsure about the 1.50 question.
I downloaded a homebrew application called PSP Weather and installed it as instructed, but I get the following error:80020148,
Which from googling means "This error comes up when you try to use emulators, homebrew, etc. on a psp with version 1.52 and higher."

So do I need to add the 1.50 Kernel?

Sorry but I'm well confused....

SoulReaver911
February 2nd, 2008, 15:58
Alright, it's pretty simple, and all you need to do is get the download from Dark_Alex, put it in the game folder (same as the ps1 games) and get the 1.50 eboot file, rename it to 150.pbp and put it on the root of the memory stick. Then go in on the psp, and update.

You see, the reason you don't put the eboot in the same folder as the download is because 1.50 wasn't updated the same way that firmwares are updated these days. Make sure to go into recovery and select "1.50 kernel" and you will be able to play anything basically without ever having to mess with this again, (until you update to 3.90 and you have to do it again.)

allancoblue
February 3rd, 2008, 01:19
Still having problems, and have been trying to work out what I'm doing wrong.
After following the above instructions I'm getting a corrupted file error.
I'm going to upgrade to the 3.90 M33, but would some one point me into the right directions for what else I need?
Do I need the 1.50 firmware itself (if yes where can I get it from, is it Sony's or a reworked version?) and the 1.50 update, my brain is dead.....sorry

SoulReaver911
February 3rd, 2008, 01:30
Alright, it's pretty simple, and all you need to do is get the download from Dark_Alex, put it in the game folder (same as the ps1 games) and get the 1.50 eboot file, rename it to 150.pbp and put it on the root of the memory stick. Then go in on the psp, and update.

Yes. You need to get the 1.50 firmware update (this is what I was referring to when I said "eboot file.")

I think sony stores its firmwares on its website somewhere but if not, Psp-Hacks (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/4) has it.

This is in fact the original firmware update by sony and is legal to download. Just make sure to follow the instructions quoted and refer to the readme in the kernel download for DA.

allancoblue
February 3rd, 2008, 13:48
Many thanks SoulReaver911, brain in gear this morning and all sorted, running 3.90 m33 with homebrew weather program working too, I owe you a virtual pint (or whatever!)

SoulReaver911
February 3rd, 2008, 17:15
Anytime, glad to be of help. You should now be able to play pretty much any homebrew program you can get your hands on. :D Enjoy.