PDA

View Full Version : psp slim with 3.80m33 problems...

dgbbad
February 2nd, 2008, 01:12
i made the new pandora for it (made it and tested it 3 different times to be sure i did everything correctly, none of the times worked any better). anyway. ran it on my buddys slim and now when i power it on, the power light comes on for around 10 seconds (screen stays completely black, not even any backlight comes on) then the thing shuts off. i cant get it to stay on more than the 10 or so seconds it gives me. i can however run the pandora battery over and over again. ive tried installing the official firmware but i get the same results. also i have tried booting into the recovery menu but to no avail. ive done this before but never had this kind of problem. any ideas as to what may have gone wrong?

mike_jmg
February 2nd, 2008, 04:48
maybe the files on the memory stick are wrong.

I know about a GUI to install the files If you have a card reader or another psp to put the files in

It installs 3.71M33-2, but from there you can go to whatever firmware you want so http://www.mediafire.com/?2nlcnnmxx45

edit: damn, the link is no longer working

I found this one wich installs 3.80M33-5 just need to create a user acount, but the webpage is in spanish http://beta.pesepe.com/system/files/DespertarCementerioPCv4GUI.exe

dgbbad
February 2nd, 2008, 17:19
i used a gui that installed everything for me. 3 times in fact. i found it after i couldnt get the thing to work the 1st time.

mike_jmg
February 2nd, 2008, 18:20
are you sure you can't go into recovery.
That happened to me on monday while I was upgrading a friend's psp (with pandora, so I wouldn't need to go through 3.52), the damn thing wouldn't turn on, and I was really freaked out, then I remembered that I had instaled a plugin on his psp last time, disabled it through recovery and problem solved.

If the psp was runing Oficial Firmware, I have no Idea what happened and is really weird that you can run pandora over and over again and it does nothing

hodgy47
February 2nd, 2008, 22:29
Did you use pandora or despertar cementerio v3 or v4 cos normal pandora will not work on slims as they dont support the 1.50 kernel, if this is the case you need to convert your pandora memstick into a despertar v3 or v4 and run it again.

dgbbad
February 3rd, 2008, 07:19
i for sure dont have recovery and i ran despertar cementerio v4

on a side note....i just tested it on a phat....bad results there too. the phat will at least turn on and give me some display, but after the sony logo it just kinda shows the wavy lines and the little loading circle in the bottom right corner does its thing forever and nothing ever loads up.

and for the record, i had the one for 3.71m33 workin fine with no hassle. just in case anyone thinks im a total noob lol.

hodgy47
February 3rd, 2008, 11:31
its obviously a bad memstick then (files) rewrite it and you should be fine if you feel more sure just use v3

dgbbad
February 3rd, 2008, 18:06
tried redoin everything with the gui...still same results. then i just did it all manually....same stuff. i dunno wat the deal is. i think im just gonna go back 2 the 3.71m33 installer and just run the 3.80m33 upgrade. either that or wait for one to come out for the new 3.90m33.

SoulReaver911
February 3rd, 2008, 18:52
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88935

Here's the installer for 3.90.

dgbbad
February 3rd, 2008, 22:45
i mean a new despertar cementerio for it. so i can use my pandora battery 2 put it on any psp no matter the firmware. cuz i do alot of psps and i really hate goin thru an update process. nuthin quite like just poppin in mem stick and battery and pressin a button and havin the latest and greatest cfw installed w/ no hassle in moments.

hodgy47
February 4th, 2008, 00:18
Crazy question but your memstick is real and not a fake like from ebay, cos fakes have problems writing the ipl due to no magicgate support.

dgbbad
February 4th, 2008, 06:49
its the same memory stick i used for the despertar cementerio v3, and that worked fine.