PDA

View Full Version : CFW 3.90 issue: need to downgrade without games access

Khorney
February 2nd, 2008, 17:02
OK, code red here: I just upgraded to 3.90 m33 from 3.52 m33-2 (the minimum as stated in the readme), and this has landed me in an interesting problem. For all intents and pupoeses, my XMB is an official sony 3.90 PSP, bar the fact my system FW is 3.90 m33.my game folder reads as empty, through any configuration of folder numbering (game150, 390, 380, etc...). however, it appears i still have full access to the recovery menu and the flash modes (0,1,2 etc...). any attempts to run games through the recovery function results in the 811.... game cannot be started error, so as if i have the official firmware.

is there anything i can do? i don't have apandora battery, and i only have one battery. seeing as i have full access to flash1, could i simply copy another firmware dump and overwrite it? does anyone know where i can find a firmware dump of a CFW (specifically 3.90). the alternative is t try and get a pandora kit, but if can do this for free that would be best.

thanks in advance

mike_jmg
February 2nd, 2008, 18:11
try formating the memory stick through the psp (make a backup first), it will create the folders, and you need the 1.50 kernel addon if you want to run 1.50 homebrew

check the kernel on recovery mode, set it to 3.90 and use GAME150 for emulators and apps

Khorney
February 3rd, 2008, 05:26
ok, i have absolutly no idea why (i had all the folders set up already) but that worked. Thanks alot!

Cytrox
February 6th, 2008, 02:48
That didn't work for me :(

I downloaded and installed the 1.5 kernal addon.
Switched from 1.50 Kernal to 3.90 in the recovery section.
I put my gpsp & gpsp% folders into GAME150.

And still no luck...

I simply cannot execute anything homebrew in GAME, GAME150 or GAME380

Anything else i can do?

If not, is it possible to downgrade? And i dont have a pandora battery, If its what i think it is.

Cytrox
February 6th, 2008, 03:11
All Official Sony Psp updates can be found here.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/10

Atleast I think theyre all there...

I still need help.........