PDA

View Full Version : Worth the Upgrade from 3.71 m33 to 3.90 m33?

Xplict91
February 3rd, 2008, 01:26
Total Noob Question here. But is it worth the upgrade? I been using 3.71 for months and Loved it works fantastic, Whats so special about 3.90 that Ive been hearing about everybody just tells me to upgrade but is it worth the hassle? Thanks for any replies

Psx Games. and 1 Psp game. also Nes/Snes/Gameboy advance
are my main uses with 3.71 that i use it on. Will everything work normally? basic click and play?

ICE
February 3rd, 2008, 02:42
Everything will continue to work, you get more psx compatibility, internet radio, and skype. Maybe more stuff but I cant remember.

Xplict91
February 3rd, 2008, 02:48
I heard games like final fantasy and such wont work that true?

hodgy47
February 3rd, 2008, 02:52
It has no less than any others, skype only works on slim psp's, there is a new thing called go messenger not active yet though software needed and internet radio introduced on 3.80 but still there on 3.90, ps store problem fixed and as ICE said more psx compatibility. So you may as well upgrade cos you aint losing anything.

RidgeTiger
February 3rd, 2008, 02:56
Uh, does ISO streaming work on 3.90 m33?

Xplict91
February 3rd, 2008, 03:01
It has no less than any others, skype only works on slim psp's, there is a new thing called go messenger not active yet though software needed and internet radio introduced on 3.80 but still there on 3.90, ps store problem fixed and as ICE said more psx compatibility. So you may as well upgrade cos you aint losing anything.

Ill take your's and ice's word for it thank you, either way i have the pandora just in case =D lol. Appreciate the replies

SoulReaver911
February 3rd, 2008, 03:19
The only problem I have with 3.90 so far is that when you go into sleep mode it will do a hard reset (take you back to the menu) and lose whatever you were doing. Luckily this only happens on homebrew stuff and not umds (or isos apparently) even though that is still a loss.

However, I'm hoping for the best and DA will make an update that corrects this issue.

Just a heads up.

Xplict91
February 3rd, 2008, 05:17
The only problem I have with 3.90 so far is that when you go into sleep mode it will do a hard reset (take you back to the menu) and lose whatever you were doing. Luckily this only happens on homebrew stuff and not umds (or isos apparently) even though that is still a loss.

However, I'm hoping for the best and DA will make an update that corrects this issue.

Just a heads up.

you serious? then its not worth it then ahah. I use sleep mode like its a addiction problem, I use it all the time for long strategy games. then when the boss comes by i just click sleep mode, then when he walks away i turn it back on i wouldnt want to risk that.

mike_jmg
February 3rd, 2008, 07:33
Lol

SoulReaver911
February 3rd, 2008, 16:03
Yeah, it's a bitch. Luckily for me it doesn't bother me too much.

If you like 3.80 is better in my opinion than 3.71, and that doesn't have the sleep problem. The only thing wrong with 3.80 (that I can remember) is that often people have to reset their flash1 (which clears all personal data) because the recovery menu likes to act up when you first upgrade. Not a biggie.

So go for 3.80 if you still want to upgrade. But if you are content with 3.71 (there's not much difference from 3.71 to 3.80 on Da's side though Sony added some stuff) stick with that.

Xplict91
February 4th, 2008, 02:16
its a shame. but thanks for the responses I really do appreciate the input. I guess I will be sticking to the good ol' 3.71 its been good to me lol. Untill dark_alex or someone else has a better firmware with very little bugs + sleepmode + faster and more cababilitie with more games then im all for it , till then ill make due with what i have =D

SoulReaver911
February 4th, 2008, 05:01
Hmmmm, It has just come to my attention that the sleep mode glitch may only be on fat psps. Do you have a Slim or fat? This guy who has 3.90 running on a slim says he doesn't have the sleep mode problem that I and other fat owners experience...

Xplict91
February 4th, 2008, 05:36
Well im currently using a slim Psp it has sleep mode capabilities for 3.90?

SoulReaver911
February 4th, 2008, 23:13
PM djbrotherson, he might be able to help you out. He says that his is working perfectly fine, and his sig says he's running a slim with 3.90.

lycanthropy2
February 10th, 2008, 11:08
hi, i have changed a lot of the flash0 things on my 3.71m33-4, so if i update to 3.80 or 3.90 will it crash.
thanks,

Dr Eggman
February 10th, 2008, 12:36
hi, i have changed a lot of the flash0 things on my 3.71m33-4, so if i update to 3.80 or 3.90 will it crash.
thanks,

I think not, because when your updating, the Updater formats/erases flash0.

Oh, and doesn't 3.80 have some sort of MS problem (i heard and my friend said his Sony 4gb stopped working on 3.80m33)