PDA

View Full Version : Error Code!!!! HELP!!!

Thomas P Fritz
August 5th, 2005, 18:25
Whenever I try to load one of my emulators for the PSP, it always gives me this error code (80020148). WHY THE HELL DOES IT DO THAT??
If you can help me at all, please do.

Cap'n 1time
August 5th, 2005, 18:47
Whenever I try to load one of my emulators for the PSP, it always gives me this error code (80020148). WHY THE HELL DOES IT DO THAT??
If you can help me at all, please do.

what version is your psp?

Jdemon
August 5th, 2005, 19:16
Well it does that because it can't find what it's looking for...If you eject a UMD before the game starts it gives you the same error...anyway-

If you are on 1.5 or less --- Odds are you've either misnamed a folder or placed a folder(or folders) in the wrong place. I recomend d/l some of the pre-packed EMU's that are available through links in the forum. Look around they aren't too hard to find, and that will show you the proper file structure to use.

If you are on 1.51 or higher --- I'm 99% sure there is still no way to run EMU's on anything higher than 1.5 :( sorry.

D-FENS
September 9th, 2005, 23:34
I'm running 2.0, and trying to get realritzcracker and canesfan08's homebrew going. I get the same error.

The eboot runs, flashy boot screen for the psp, then blackness. Then, it reads the disc and memory card, then it says 'the game could not be started. (80020148)

- psp is a US 2.0. Any help would be much appreciated.

F34R
September 9th, 2005, 23:42
You cant run any homebrew on a 2.0 PSP. Sorry.

D-FENS
September 9th, 2005, 23:47
Okay - so the error code then means what specifically. come on someone. I may be a noob at this, but SOME help would be nice.

From what i understand - the issue with 2.00 is not that error code, but isntead the eboot even starting, since the new security measures would render it, as far as the psp is concerned, corrupt. So, browsing another psp forum, i came across this eboot, which actually does run under 2.0, but gives that error - hte 80020148. I'm just wondering what the ERROR means specifically, if anyone knows. Is it a memory fault? security stop? i've searched through these forums for that code, and nobody has ever given an answer other then '2.0 won't work'.

THAT isn't an answer. give a guy a bone!

Besides, if it's not covered anywhere else on the site, wouldn't it be smart to cover it once, lock the thread, and send it into a searchable obscurity?

aldy
November 13th, 2007, 01:25
i dont know i got the same problem using my psp. but i found a way around but ur psp need to be hack u gotta run it threw the 3.5 something irshell dont know y

Gene
November 13th, 2007, 06:27
there is a 2.0 downgrader. I don't remember what it was called though. It's your best, and probably easiest, bet.