PDA

View Full Version : Red screen on bootup AFTER using Pandoras battery

ladswell
February 3rd, 2008, 10:01
Hello, Im a new poster on this forum and I've had a look around but I cant seem to find anyone with the same problem as me.

Ive successfully created a magic memory stick and pandoras battery. I then ran the program to install 3.71M33 on a PSP running official firmware. It all appears to go weel and I get the press X to reboot command.

On power up I get the sony logo and bit of music but then the PSP goes to a red background and ONLY shows the date and time in the top corner and NOTHING else. It powers off after circa 30/40 seconds.

I've tried running pandoras battery to add both the 3.71M33 and tried the official 3.71 but still I only get the red screen (which is basically the standard backdrop but in red). There is no option to press O and none of the buttons do anything.

I can boot into the recovery menu!! But running the eboot program doesnt make any difference.

Can anyone help me?

hodgy47
February 3rd, 2008, 11:42
If your using a fat psp try making the original pandora and do a downgrade to 1.50, Also do you know if memstick is real or fake, as fakes can cause problems due to there not being magicgate support (causes problems with writing the ipl correctly).

ladswell
February 4th, 2008, 08:32
I created a new mem stick and downgraded to 1.50.

When I powered it on I got the blue screen of death. I pressed O. It rebooted.

Now I have a PSP where it looks normal but on power up I get "the disc cannot be read. Press O".

What does this mean? I've removed the battery and left it out but it doesnt make any difference.

Any ideas?

hodgy47
February 4th, 2008, 16:09
which disc the memstick or the umd, if memsick try reformatting it, if it wont let you on the psp try usb mode and format using the format feature through windows.

Edit: Is this when you boot up with normal battery with pandora stick still in cos if it its just use a normal memstick, and will it still boot into pandora with memstick.

Wally
February 4th, 2008, 22:43
Format feature in windows? lol.. Thats one of the 10 features available and IMO its the best one!

Update to 3.71 M33 / 3.80 M33, this should solve your problems.

mike_jmg
February 5th, 2008, 17:15
This happened to me when I put custom firmware on my friend's slim psp

all you have to do is:
Install 3.71M33 again
You say you can go into recovery right
just go to /advanced and use the option format flash1, then the psp will reboot and you'll get a BSOD, just press circle and it will be OK again (with the little diference that you'll be on custom firmware)

have fun

NetWalker
May 12th, 2008, 04:32
I updated my PSP Slim to 3.90 M33 and there´s something wrong.

Now I got a Red Screen , no icons and it reboot in 20 seconds...

I can access the recovery menu but I cannot access the PSP normaly.

Could you please help me ??

NetWalker
May 12th, 2008, 04:33
How do you proceeded? I got the same error.. and i cant access the psp now.