PDA

View Full Version : cyclods

hawkeye_07
February 3rd, 2008, 13:46
i bought a cyclods the other day ecause i read emulation as excellent on it. Anyway i have a few q's

1 - i really wanna play pokemon pinball on it, but after a couple of seconds it freezes all the time. I use lameby for that, anyone know what might be wrong ?

2 - is it possible to play multiplayer games like streets of rage ?

3 - Im having probs with doing snes emulation on it can anyne tell me how and what best to use ?

Also what homebrerw apps would anyonereally recomend

Ultimate warrior
February 3rd, 2008, 15:17
Sorry bud, but the SNES emulation isn't going to be anything spectacular as of now. Wait about another 1.5 to 2 years, then maybe we'll get something spectacular

hawkeye_07
February 3rd, 2008, 15:58
yeah whats wrong with it

Ultimate warrior
February 4th, 2008, 04:20
The Ds and it's rather limited hardware is whats wrong with it. Emulating an SNES is hard enough without hardware restrictions, running them with hardware restrictions throws another monkey wrench into the mix. I expect we will need to have the Ds's hardware capabilities streched out to the max if we want to get as close to perfect emulation as possible. But, like I said, it will take a couple more years for that to happen. Right now I would be more worried about Snesmul. The best emulator which has been seeing regular updates for a while now has been in a stalemate for over half a year now. If the best emulator maker has killed off his project, then us DS owners are forced to wait even longer, or to give in and buy a Pandora/ PSP.

hawkeye_07
February 4th, 2008, 16:27
ok so for now how do i work snesmul, even if it is crp,i still wanna give it a shot

Ultimate warrior
February 4th, 2008, 19:36
create a new file and name it SNES. Put all your SNES games into the file, then copy the .cfg file and emulator into your micro SD card. Of course, all this needs to be extracted first.

hawkeye_07
February 5th, 2008, 16:26
I done all that but when i select a rom the screen stays white

Ultimate warrior
February 5th, 2008, 21:09
Which ROM?

hawkeye_07
February 6th, 2008, 14:34
any rom and now the same is happening to the mega drive and mastersystem ones

DanTheManMS
February 6th, 2008, 21:21
First make sure you have a backup of your card, then check your card for corruption. Right-click the drive in My Computer, click Properties, click the Tools tab, click "Check Now", and select the first checkbox before clicking Okay. If any files are missing, restore them from your backups.

hawkeye_07
February 7th, 2008, 19:00
Ok now ill start from the beginning cos im now having massive probs.

So i bought a cyclods as i sold my m3 simply because i couldnt get e mulation to work on it ( although i did at 1st )
Next i created an folder called Nds and copied about 40 various roms from gbc, snes,nes, sms, smd. Th emulators i have for themare
jenesisds
dsmaster plus
lameboy
nesterds
i couldnt work a snes one.

They allworked fine. So i posted this thread to find out about the snes. Als i created more folders in the directory. Called - nes smd,sms,gbc and put more roms in there. Now when i tried to play the sms and smd from the new folders they didnt work. but the roms in thends folder did, so i moved all nds folder roms to the other folders and none worked for sms and smd. The onjly ones tat worked for gbc is ones i hadalready saved. Nes seeed to work fine. Today i startedfresh on a nw sd card but now none are working. As for snesive got a snes folder with all roms in i have snesmul.cfg and .nds in thedirectory but wheni click on a rom the screen just stayswhite. Do i need to download anything elae at all then as i havent downloaded anything for it.

hawkeye_07
February 8th, 2008, 19:43
Ok emulation problem solved. Thank yu to evryone wo helped. I also solved question number ne regarding pokemon pinball.

So all i need to know is quesion number 2 - can u play multi player on the roms.such as streets of rae for mega drive or pokemon red for gb.

Also what homebrew apps would u people recomend

and what retro games are good aswell, also any gameson other emulators that are really good ??

One last thing, wht do i need to play gba games ??