PDA

View Full Version : Amiga 500 Emulator for the DS

spannernick
February 3rd, 2008, 15:21
Well this would be nice..:)

Is anyone working on a Amiga Emulator for the DS...?

If not can some one have a look at the source of winfellow to see if it can be done,only needs the A500 not the rest of the models..

Even if it didn't have sound like the Picodrive emulator,that would be a start..??

Here is winfellow for the pc maybe it could be ported

http://fellow.sourceforge.net/

The source is in the download section..

Dragonic
February 3rd, 2008, 19:16
You can't make an Amiga Emulator for DS. DS isn't so powerful so it can emulate Amiga. When I was new to this, I belived that it was possible, but I was told that it should not work. Well, maybe with the RAM-Expansion, but I don't know. Sorry...

spannernick
March 7th, 2008, 15:14
Would it be possible just it port the 1.3 workbench..?

Dragonic
March 7th, 2008, 20:03
Yeah, maybe. I'm not sure, because I don't know what it needs to run an Amiga, nut maybe just the Workbench. But you should need the Workbench source code so you can port it to the DS. I'm searching for it because my grandmother had an Amiga but it broke so she got rid of it. She had Workbench 1.3 and I'm still searching it because of its cool Extra disc, that had a really cool music maker. Actually I like one of the samples that were on the same disc. But enogh of that. I think that it would work of someone could get the source code, else not.