PDA

View Full Version : Novice PSP User

pain-in-the-arse
August 5th, 2005, 21:10
11 year old nephew has a new psp - bought it abroad so no english manual. Has asked me to put some music on it from my laptop.

Anyone got a clue on even where to begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated..... :confused: :confused:

Purity
August 5th, 2005, 22:36
Well first you need a cable to connect the PSP to your Laptop, A mp3 cable works fine it should fit the top of the PSP to your laptop. What you must do before is go to the PSP's home menu go to settings USB connection connect the USB cable then press X. The laptop should say new device found then go to Start My computer and a Removable disc icon should appear then click on it, Make a folder named PSP it's not case sensative so dont worry. click on that folder and make a new folder inside it named Music and your done. :)
Then just take your music and move it to the music folder.

Jdemon
August 5th, 2005, 23:01
Well, if you've got a card reader for a Memory Stick Pro Duo I highly recomend just using that. Take the MS out of the PSP and put it in your card reader, then just drag & drop any Mp3's you want on it to the "MUSIC" folder.

If you don't have a card reader you are going to need a USB cable. If you have a digital camera or something similar you probably have the right one. Just look at the port on the top of the PSP above the screen. Hook the cable to a USB port on your PC and connect it to the PSP. Turn on the PSP and on the Menu screen goto "USB Connection" (under Settings) and connect. Your PC should recognize the PSP as an external HDD. Again..just Drag & Drop MP3's to your "MUSIC" folder.

If you don't see the folder just make one in the PSP folder (PSP>MUSIC)

Once you've got the MP3's on the card and the card in the PSP just select "Music" on the PSP menu and you will see the tracks.