PDA

View Full Version : Pandora's Rival: The Gizmondo

wraggster
February 4th, 2008, 17:18
Yaustar (http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?act=ST&f=62&t=40506) posted this excerpt which suggests that the gizmondo may rival the Pandora:

From MCV magazine:

Gizmondo will rival DS and PSP, says new team... no, honestly.

"We can compete with DS and PSP. An open platform offers something new." Ian Murphy, Plextek

"Little is known about the new iteration, but Plextek technical director Ian Murphy told MCV it would be a fully open platform, allowing amateur developers to create and share homemade titles.

"There's no reason we can't compete. An open platform will offer something that other handhelds can't"

Download the full article from the Print Magazine here: http://www.mcvuk.com/

It does make me wonder how much research they have done on previous non-mainstream handhelds and how close they are to release.

On the side, since this is getting a lot of media attention, the marketing of the Pandora can piggy back on the whole 'open platform' aspect if they can get in before the Gizmondo since it is what it is most likely to be compared to.

JKKDARK
February 4th, 2008, 17:28
I think Pandora, GP2X and Gizmondo will compete against each other

ICE
February 4th, 2008, 17:38
I think Pandora, GP2X and Gizmondo will compete against each other

Seems logical.

sukhi-2006
May 9th, 2008, 04:31
The gp2x is weakest from the bunch it is no way near as pandora specs, i don't really think Gizmondo will ever release it's a joke.

I think the only one system can challenge the pandora is the psp, i don't think challenging is worth it the system is better than anything out there meaning handheld market.

ben13//_u
June 4th, 2008, 03:38
intresting

Eviltaco64
June 4th, 2008, 06:12
Hmm, the Gizmondo is powerful, but I honestly dont think there would be that much interest in it. Then again it could have a fullspeed N64 emulator.

Twisted.inc
July 6th, 2008, 03:45
A fullspeed N64 emulator would, in fact, be very appealing...