PDA

View Full Version : Help Us NTSC Folks

Eric
August 31st, 2004, 20:33
(This is for the Help Us NTSC Folks post Sorry for the inconvience delete the other post please)

Now i aint that mad but i am sure you guys can understand from my point of view. I waste disks a lot from some games that just dont work and i can forgive that. But to games that are in Pal that could work if they were in NTSC like fenix,vectrexx or whatever its called and the new releases that i believe are being worked on for compatibility for NTSC users.

Now i dont want a rude reply like go and buy a new tv if i was a millionaire and not working as a maintence person night shift i might actually go out and by one but I just bought a tv from a previous place and the quality is great and another thing if i was to use a RCA jack that wouldnt matter cause i have pal games for PSone that dont work unless i have a 60htz tv.

So i am just making a suggestion from althose trouble times and wasting disks and including the money on top of that just to help us NTSC users out and let us have fun with your great work. All i am about is for the people cause people want good things if this site is a friendly site its obvious were for the people so please do this not just for me but for the people. From pics great games from my tv i dont know.

Thanks

Eric

MetaFox
August 31st, 2004, 21:46
But to games that are in Pal that could work if they were in NTSC like fenix,vectrexx or whatever its called and the new releases that i believe are being worked on for compatibility for NTSC users. If by "vectrexx" you mean Vorrtexx's Revolver, then it is playable on NTSC TVs already. You just have to hit right then A, then down to accept the changes. It will now be in 60hz mode.

Fenix has just had a NTSC release today - I can't think of any other PAL games that don't have an NTSC release or a selector in it.

Eric
September 1st, 2004, 09:06
i dont know what it was its a space shooter with nice looking graphics the games first letter started with a V and i dont believe the creator of fenix made this game but i could be wrong i really want to play these fenix games all of them

Hola
September 1st, 2004, 16:59
You know its a ****ing waste of time to make indicual versions when you can use the FOF noregion boot code and it will work on PAL/NTSC systems. Making a release for only pal or only NTSC if ****ing pointlessly stupid. Kos shouldnt even allow you do it.

Cap'n 1time
September 1st, 2004, 17:47
You know its a ****ing waste of time to make indicual versions when you can use the FOF noregion boot code and it will work on PAL/NTSC systems. Making a release for only pal or only NTSC if ****ing pointlessly stupid. Kos shouldnt even allow you do it.

why dont you watch your ****ing mouth. because saying the word **** is ****ing pointlessly stupid. the mods shouldnt even allow you do it.

oh yah... they dont thats what the stars are for. but perhapes we can come up with a better way of making your previouse statment.

Eric
September 1st, 2004, 19:51
Yeah really seen as how i dont have a FOF boot cable nor do i buy off the net i hope to at one point and if i have money to do this you completely idiotic fool i might possible do this dont you use your pointless language towards me nor make me to look like a stupid person you have been in the scene how many years and how many times have i been in and out of the scene i know my stuff and i know my ports as you can see alot of the ports have been requested at me so if your using that language towards me you can F* right off and who really cares about punctuation i bet you can understand this

Hola
September 1st, 2004, 22:52
I didnt understand one ot the sentences in that at all. But my point was that not using the FOF region select is pointless.

Mental2k
September 4th, 2004, 17:30
no Hola you're pointless.

And read your last post before you comment on Eric's coherence.

Eric
September 4th, 2004, 18:06
Its not pointless it works for us people who are sick and tired of wasting coasters cause we have no clue that the games are pal which can cause scrambles on the screen and such and i said before i just bought a nice tv with amazing quality i aint wasting no more money just go play games and a RCA cable wont do nothing to make it 50 htz for us NTSC folks

The poll shows us now that something like this is needed

MetaFox
September 4th, 2004, 21:19
Eric, you missed the point. In Hola's own infintile way he was stating that games should use the PAL/NTSC region select code that Dan Potter wrote in Feet Of Fury - meaning all releases would be both PAL and NTSC. So, technically - he was agreeing with you.

The region select code is a great thing, but it shouldn't be forced. A lot of the coders who make releases for just one region are just getting started with the Dreamcast, and aren't aware of the intricasies of KOS yet. Once they get the hang of it, they'll release a new version with support for NTSC, they always do.

Also, are there even any releases left that are PAL only? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Cap'n 1time
September 5th, 2004, 08:08
Did i read that the phenoix games were remade for ntsc?

Also i think the neogeo emulator (not neo geo cd) only either supports pal or has a really messed up graphics problems. I believe also that the last DC castle i tried was for pal only.

I guess my tv just really sucks actually, because alot of homebrews have problems fitting on the screen. When i use this little lcd screen for psone it looks fine though.

wraggster
September 5th, 2004, 11:40
To those that flame others or those that dont act in a civilised way.

You are being watched :)

Eric
September 5th, 2004, 12:27
I aint a flamer. But DC Castle was released NTSC and pal. I am not to sure if fenix is fully NTSC yet i got a parse error and dont know why. Also Vorton which looked like an amazing game and when i didnt see that in NTSC i almost cried :'( . So people have to help us out MetaFox i do believe what you are saying and Hola if you didnt mean any harm sorry. I think thats all the things right now that are pal i just hope in someway the coders that have the experience to make NTSC stuff can show the PAL coders aswell.

Thanks

Eric

Mental2k
September 5th, 2004, 14:38
Meh Hola got banned, I think the whole FoF thing should be used in every game though.

MetaFox
September 5th, 2004, 16:17
Also Vorton which looked like an amazing game and when i didnt see that in NTSC i almost cried.Ah, yes. I remember now, Vorton and Efecero. They were indeed PAL only, but open source. I compiled them with NTSC support - I thought I put it up someplace, but I guess I didn't. :-[

Give me a bit to contact the authors to send the changes to them, and let them do the releases proper.

Cap'n 1time
September 5th, 2004, 19:16
I aint a flamer. *But DC Castle was released NTSC and pal.

Eric

For some reason i just cannot get DC castle to display properly than i guess.

I also want it to be known that though Hola was a complete pain in the ass sometimes, he posted alot of valid arguments. In other words, he knew his facts, he was just a little rude about it.

Mekanaizer
September 5th, 2004, 21:29
Hi

Sorry Eric and the others (NTSC people).
but....

here is efecero for NTSC only
http://mekanaizer.spymac.net/efecero_NTSC.zip
note: it is the same as efecero_dc_demo3

;)

-Mekanaizer-

MetaFox
September 5th, 2004, 21:40
but....

here is efecero for NTSC only Cool. One down, one to go. ;)

Eric
September 6th, 2004, 03:37
thanks

DCDayDreamer
September 6th, 2004, 14:50
One of the old demos was PAL only also, not sure which one though, Delicious or Variance?. Just thought I'd throw that in seeing as Eric's trying to collect a set of DC homebrew as NTSC.

Eric
September 9th, 2004, 08:00
lol Hey thanks i dont even know this game but hey i am glad this one was changed and i get to test it out and another thing i didnt even know i replied to this one already lol

DCDayDreamer
September 9th, 2004, 08:31
Those are not games, only demos (good ones though)...

Here's the Delicious site:
http://www.yodel.net/downloads.asp

Here's Variance at Boob (bottom of page):
http://www.boob.co.uk/demos.html

Eric
September 9th, 2004, 08:43
I am not really a fan of demos i get confused all the time with demo from the scene cause i am not sure if its a playable demo or just one of those funky demos that motions on your screen and you cant play nothing. I dont mind downloading playable demos cause it gives me a test of what i am going to play for a future release.

Alice i have tested and i do have to say its a not to bad game cause it kinda reminds me of the old computer games i used to play on my PC. I like my dreamcast cause of that reason and thats one reason why i ask for ports. I keep thinking my dreamcast is a PC lol i know its not but its pretty cool to play PC games on it.

Eric

curt_grymala
September 9th, 2004, 19:53
Hi

but....

here is efecero for NTSC only
http://mekanaizer.spymac.net/efecero_NTSC.zip
note: it is the same as efecero_dc_demo3

;)

-Mekanaizer-

Sweet! I just noticed this. I never realized that Efecero was PAL only. I just knew that I couldn't get it to work.

Eric
September 9th, 2004, 20:03
I have one question i just wasted another coaster not cause its NTSC or PAL but was wondering and i always get confused does it need to be scrambled to play or unscrammbled and if i used DC hakker same as above i want to check this out when i come home tomorrow in the morning

curt_grymala
September 10th, 2004, 04:28
I don't know about DCHakker, but I know if you use DemoMenu as your boot disc, it can boot scrambled and unscrambled bins. If you want to selfboot something, it needs to be scrambled.

DCDayDreamer
September 10th, 2004, 06:08
DCHakker works like DemoMenu, it'll load Scrambled and UnScrambled bins - it's got a better GUI than DemoMenu (easier on the eyes).
When highlighted (selected in the GUI) you need to press the 'Y' button before launching the bin with the 'A' button if the bin is Unscrambled. If the bin is scrambled just highlight and press 'A'.

There's an interesting little prog you might want to check out called 'bin checker' or something like that, it checks to see if a bin is scrambled or not. Maybe Curt can shed some light on the prog and provide a link for you?.

Darksaviour69
September 10th, 2004, 06:11
http://www.consolevision.com/members/fackue/

Eric
September 10th, 2004, 08:49
I am actually using that but it dont work for some games sadly and i scrambled the 1ST_READ.bin that came with efecero and unfortunitly i had a bad burn got to the legal rights screen by Sega and after that ended up at the BIOS menu it happens sometimes i will check to see if it works with DC hakker

DCDayDreamer
September 10th, 2004, 14:41
Eric: you might want to start using multi-session burns on a CDR - just add on any extra bins when you start a new session with the burn, that way when you're happy you can make a compilation of your favourites with a second CDR.
I'd also suggest if you're using multi session just burn the bins as they are, you'll be able to tell in DCHakker which is scrambled or not (how it boots - see my earlier post). You'll break a binary file if you scramble an already srambled binary etc., anyway I hope this helps with your frustrations (believe me I've been there but I don't have the coaster pile anymore ;D).

Eric
September 10th, 2004, 19:45
LOL new to this pretty funny i dont think i have done multi-session disks could someone show me a little tutorial i know it shouldnt be to hard cause i am smart with Nero

Kamjin
September 10th, 2004, 20:15
I've only got an older version but it should be simmilar.

Don't use the wizard.. on the left menu select the CD on the dropdown,
and select the CDROM-ISO from the left list. On the right side you'll
see an option for start multisesstion or continue multisession.
For the 1st time on that cdr select the start multisession.
Then click on new.
Here on just like you normally do, add the files..
Now.. just name them differently(you could also add _s or _u for scambled/un),
also if you use the same name on a session in the future.. it will well.. block out the previous one with the same name.
Once you're done click the burn icon..
here make sure the "Finalize" is NOT checked.. and then burn away..
next time you want to add files, just use the continue option at the start..

That'll save you at plenty of coasters.

Eric
September 10th, 2004, 23:03
Thanks it doesnt matter i can always waste just one disk cause i always get them working but here is a problem with Efecero it is NTSC through the menu are and press start screen but as soon as it gets to the screen where you play the game you get back to pal and screen becomes all scrambly

Eric
September 11th, 2004, 16:04
I would like to know if anyother NTSC people are having this problem aswell