PDA

View Full Version : MMORPG on PSP using Lua possible?

infamousdevil
August 7th, 2005, 19:02
Who agrees that a true 3D mmorpg the likes of Asheron's Call or Everquest on PSP would be amazing? Can it be done using Lua for PSP?

DDRLord
August 7th, 2005, 19:07
Can it be done using Lua for PSP?
Quick answer:
No. Lua still doesn't have networking libraries.
That's not to say it isn't possible in the future though.

shadowprophet
August 7th, 2005, 19:47
Who agrees that a true 3D mmorpg the likes of Asheron's Call or Everquest on PSP would be amazing? Can it be done using Lua for PSP?

Um everquest blows and sucks at the same time.
If a mmorpg was gonna come to psp it would have to be somthing like phantasy star, to even be good :p

B_man55
August 8th, 2005, 06:44
Is it not pathetic how even the PS2's MMORPGs suck balls? What makes you think an MMORPG would ever be made by anyone for PSP? You'll only find that a PC delivers the excitment of this genre, at least until the next gen consoles come out.

shadowprophet
August 8th, 2005, 23:31
Is it not pathetic how even the PS2's MMORPGs suck balls? What makes you think an MMORPG would ever be made by anyone for PSP? You'll only find that a PC delivers the excitment of this genre, at least until the next gen consoles come out.

Maybe im the only one who really believes this.
But I believe Rpgs where never ment to be massive multi player experiences anyway.
I mean who really want to have to join a party full of jerks and convince them to go where you wanna go do what you wanna do
Beg them to do this or that.
Nahh if shadowprophets playing an Rpg its an offline rpg.
There isnt a mmorpg out there to me that really feels like an rpg.
Nope just dont dig em,

ScarletShadow
August 9th, 2005, 02:00

GTA, Battlefront II, and a possible Diablo 2 project announced by Blizzard… The incentive for upgrading my PSP is becoming too great. The last thing I need now is an RPG or MMO :(. Also, I get addicted to MMORPG’S easily, so I would probably never sleep.