PDA

View Full Version : dc-to-pc server help (advanced)

Vchat20
August 8th, 2005, 00:24
ok. first off before i get flamed for bringing up a worthless tutorial, let me say that i have personally gotten to a very promising point with my system to where i can get the DC and PC to connect in hyperterminal (dreamcast modem messages reads CONNECT and hyperterminal reads a 33600 connection followed by about a dozen lines of garbage as well as the recognizable modem screeching).

anywho, heres the gist. as noted above, ive already confirmed a connection can be made over the short phone line between just the pc and dc. so voltage is there obviously and everything is good. the part where im stuck at is trying to get a connection going in xp. ive done alot of debugging and have narrowed down the problem to being that for some reason the modem in the pc cant set the silence detection command (+VSD=128,0) while in voice mode (FCLASS=8). ive tried numerous methods to get around this including using totally different commands such as using ATA in the monitor registry key. which ATA tells the modem to pick up and go into an answer mode which automatically tries to make a data connection.

all of my previous work with this mess can be found here (http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=69842).

thx for any help guys. cheers :)