PDA

View Full Version : Hi all What file formats are suported by Revolution R4 Cards

DRUNKENBUM
February 6th, 2008, 15:34
Hi First time here so bee gental

Right then i got my son a Ds Lite for christmass and saw an artical on R4 cards so i got one ..now i am hooked on messing about with it :lol: ..now some one gave me some "files" on a DVD the other day and i can get the ones working that end in .NDS put some have outher endings .GBA ?? .NFO and some others that i calnt remember ...am i right in thinking that only .NDS files will play on a DS or am i doing somthing wrong

Thanks in advance

Dbum

DanTheManMS
February 6th, 2008, 21:24
*.nds files are the only files your R4 can natively launch, as those are DS binaries. However, the *.nds files can access other files on your system. For instance, you can launch Moonshell.nds which can access the *.mp3 and *.jpg and *.txt files on your card (and other file formats as well).

*.gba files are made for the GBA, and they won't run on any slot-1 device like an R4 without a slot-2 device of some sort.

*.nfo files are just information files. Open them with Notepad to see what they say.

joecreed28
February 11th, 2008, 15:38
I also have an R4 and am somewhat of a newbie to all this. I'm actually looking for something to put all my old gameboy advance games on, so I can take them with me like I do my DS games on the R4. Which is the best thing to use for GBA games, considering I have the R4, and will the GBA roms play exactly like the real games, as the R4 does with DS games? Thanks so much.

DanTheManMS
February 11th, 2008, 22:39
Look into the EZ-V 3in1 expansion pack.