PDA

View Full Version : Super Street Fighter 2 X vs Chu Chu Rocket!

Darksaviour69
August 8th, 2005, 14:58
Super Street Fighter 2 X (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dreamcast/super-street-fighter-ii-turbo)

vs

Chu Chu Rocket! (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dreamcast/chuchu-rocket)

marc.williams
August 8th, 2005, 22:00
I can't believe everyone is voting for chu chu rocket... Ok it came free with every DC but Super Street Fighter 2x (for matching service)... Come on people: vote for the better game not just the one you recognize!

Darksaviour69
August 9th, 2005, 01:56
chu chu rocket, is a great game, a real crazy 4 player game

ptr.exe
August 9th, 2005, 09:56
Okay, Chu chu rocket is fun with four players but gets boring after a few games, where as Street Fighter, winner stays on with a load of mates last's for days.

i vote for SSF2x, although i have never played it, i have pretty much every other SF, and SF3 Alpha is sweet on DC.

beetroot bertie
August 9th, 2005, 13:32
I'm going for Chu Chu too. Simply because it's manic. It's really good fun, totally original and has a wonderful style. I know SFII is a top game but the DC really has some better 2D fighters (a couple of which have already cropped up in this Grand Prix) and I don't think it really needed SFII when it has others like Capcom Vs SNK, SF Alpha 3 and Guilty Gear X (which puts the capcom and snk sprites to shame).

ptr.exe
August 9th, 2005, 15:00
Is SFA 3 in this tournament? oh, then i suppose two SF arent needed. Oh well, i voted already, looks like CCR is gonna be a clear winner anyway.

Eric
August 9th, 2005, 16:47
I would vote for CCR but again i dont own SFII to make the vote and it wouldnt sound so accurate if i didnt have the game. So i'm going to give a thought that could basically sound right. SFIIX from what i seen off sites that its a re-done version of Super SF II for the Sega Genesis and if so the game sounds great but its not original. CCR i do own the game is fantastic i remember the night i got that game my sis's ex bf and his buddy sat in my room for probably about 4 hours playing this game and they loved it.

I tested the game out aswell and if i had SF II to make this vote and why i would choose CCR is cause its a different unique puzzler there is others out there but not many and there is to many SF games and is getting quite boring so thats why CCR should get the vote. The graphics were pretty unique for a puzzler aswell. I cant really remember the controls and sound.

Online play i never got to test out and never can cause its taken offline but i can bet when it was that the game was even more unbelievable online then it was offline. Sure SF2x would have been fun online but again its the samething over and over CCR was something new and should be the winner out of this competition.

Eric

beetroot bertie
August 9th, 2005, 21:13
Just checked the fixtures and no, there isn't Street Fighter Alpha 3 on the list but there are plenty of other capcom 2D fighters - Capcom Vs SNK 2, Vampire Chronicles and Marvel Vs Capcom. You never know Ptr, maybe a bundle of voters will save SFII for you.

I'm quite intersted to see how all of this will pan out. Whether we'll end up with the definitive DC game or whether the random fixtures will help decide otherwise.

ptr.exe
August 11th, 2005, 16:41
You never know Ptr, maybe a bundle of voters will save SFII for you.
:D Hopefully, SFII is still the king of fighters for me, purely for nostalgic value.

I'm surprised no one suggested SFA 3 when the draw was being made up, or did it get knocked out?

beetroot bertie
August 12th, 2005, 13:43
I opted to put forward Guilty Gear X instead due to the improved graphics. I wish Capcom had introduced hi-res sprites into their 2D fighers on DC - that would have been great boon! I personally prefer Capcom Vs SNK to Alpha 3 anyway, but i think that's simply because I've spent more time with it, and I like the effects (what can I say I'm a graphics tart).

I know what you mean about SFII though. I used to go round to one of me school mates house with friends just to play SFII on his Snes. I still had an Acorn Electron at the time so no contest really. It was just amazing. I like Alpha 3 in that respect too as it has all the characters from SFII (I think).

There's only 2 votes in it so you may get your way :-P