PDA

View Full Version : Mission Packs for Quake Question

thewilyranger
February 7th, 2008, 03:26
Hi I am new to the forums and wanted to ask if it was possible to run the quake mission packs on the PSP and if so how to do so.

Thanks for any help

Baboon
February 7th, 2008, 16:29
Hi I am new to the forums and wanted to ask if it was possible to run the quake mission packs on the PSP and if so how to do so.

Thanks for any help

I know you can run different mods of quake on the psp (I know its slightly different then what you mean but I guess its the same principle).

I've not played it for a while but (from my dreamcast days) I've got an excellent 'Simpsons' mod that works great on psp. You just replace the 'original ID' files with the new modded ones. :thumbup:

thewilyranger
February 7th, 2008, 16:39
I know you can run different mods of quake on the psp (I know its slightly different then what you mean but I guess its the same principle).

I've not played it for a while but (from my dreamcast days) I've got an excellent 'Simpsons' mod that works great on psp. You just replace the 'original ID' files with the new modded ones. :thumbup:

Thanks for your reply, so pretty much replace the pak files with the mod or mission pak.

thewilyranger
February 7th, 2008, 18:34
After searching a couple posts I figured how to do it I will repost the work of da1writer

For those who want to know, here's the steps to take.

1) Go into your computers start menu (click on Start bar/button) and go into All Programs=>Accessories=>Command Prompt (different folders)
2) Once inside Command Prompt, type in copy con quake.cmdline and press enter
3) Now on the next line add any command line you want from the readme file provided in the PSPQuake folder. I wanted to up the speed to 333 mhz, so I typed in -cpu333 and pressed enter.
(Note- Add as many command lines you want, just keep following step 3)
4) Once you finish adding all your command lines you wanted, hold the control button (ctrl button on keyboard) and the letter z (also on keyboard). Press enter and the file will be saved wherever the command propt said it would (mine is defaulted to look in directory C:\Documents and Settings\da1writer).
5) Copy the file into the main PSPQuake directory where the main eboot is at. Play game and you will see the command line options you did are working!

Thanks a lot for any suggestions