PDA

View Full Version : Slim PSP 3.90-m33 GPSP Kai 8.7

zekemckillip
February 8th, 2008, 03:36
Okay, so here's my question, just jumped onto the homebrew scene, and I haven't used any other version of CFW, have heard good things about 3.90-m33, and I like to be up to date, problem? Well see I did this whole hard modding my battery (which was a pain, although wouldn't be so bad second time around) and made my magic mem stick (which involved downgrading to XP, then REupgrading to Vista Ultimate) and then flashed my FW blind, which was fun, ALL so I could play emulators, most specifically so I could play the GPSP Emu that I've seen on Youtube so much, and heard works so well... except it doesn't... Well, I don't know what it DOES work with, I'm sure there are games it works fine with, but I want someone to tell me that they are running GPSP Kai 8.7 on 3.90-m33 CFW and that they can play Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, Golden Sun, and/or Golden Sun 2... Those are really the only three games I care to play, right this second, and not a single one runs for more than about 3 minutes before I invariably hang, and it's not like run 2.5 minutes, save, run .5 minutes, hang, restart, run another 2.5 minutes, save, .5 min, hang, etc, no total ruintime of about 3 minutes, then I hang in the same spot, and on KH: CoM it's in the first 5 seconds of the intro video, so yeah, can someone pls help, this is turning out to be a WHOLE LOT of trouble for absolutely nothing

zekemckillip
February 8th, 2008, 03:39
oh, um, have the correct bios for GPSP, MD5 check confirms, plus it's the same exact size as the EMU says it should be, and the gpsp_kai_8_7 folder is in PSP/GAME and the rom is in PSP/GAME/gpsp_kai_8_7/GBA/ROM so yeah

SoulReaver911
February 8th, 2008, 05:02
Kingdom hearts intro video doesn't run on the emulator, you'll have to transfer a save file to the psp that starts after that intro. The other two, I don't know, but if they have extremely taxing graphics like the intro to Kingdom Hearts, it's not going to work so well. Most games do in fact run full speed on gpSP.

mike_jmg
February 11th, 2008, 04:05
try with another bios file

leonalchemist
June 1st, 2008, 05:13
Kingdom hearts intro video doesn't run on the emulator, you'll have to transfer a save file to the psp that starts after that intro. The other two, I don't know, but if they have extremely taxing graphics like the intro to Kingdom Hearts, it's not going to work so well. Most games do in fact run full speed on gpSP.

not true dood, all u need to do is quicksave just as when the intro starts, the it wont freeze, might look buggy, but it will work; worked for me so :P

ennok
June 1st, 2008, 09:33
I'm also new to this and have the exact same setup that you have.. yet have been having no issues with any games in gpSP. I will download kingdom hearts and give that a try to see if I get the same thing you do.

RassPorkeyJoint
November 5th, 2008, 21:53
yea that happens to me too,speaking of save file;)you wouldnt happen to have one that you can send over?i would appreciate it:D

RassPorkeyJoint
November 5th, 2008, 22:02
not true dood, all u need to do is quicksave just as when the intro starts, the it wont freeze, might look buggy, but it will work; worked for me so :P
that didnt work for me,BUT i did find another way-''quick save at the very beginning of the intro,then wait until it freezes,then load the quick save you did at the beginning of the intro and wait through it again,only this time right before it freezes quick save it immediately,then let it freeze,then load the quick save and it should work.:thumbup: