PDA

View Full Version : If sony released a legit way to play homebrew...

rock_light
August 9th, 2005, 18:44
Ok what do you guys think would be some good ways for sony to release a way to play homebrew on your psp without destroying the psp?

I propose an OS , or launcher on a umd in order to run those appz and control certain access to psp functions. In order to stop the pirating scene and promote the self designed programs!

Maybe charge a bunch of money for it and release some xtra components or periphrials, like a keybord or something. Or even some kind of usb dongle to make it harder to crack!

Sony's worst and only option was removing homebrew from the console.

I haven't played any system as much as I do my PSP and it's all because of the homebrewed apps. I am awaiting in fear untill the day I have worn out my psp and am forced to use an updated bios...

Cap'n 1time
August 9th, 2005, 23:12
That would indeed be great! A UMD that allowed for booting homebrew applications. It would sale well too.. its not going to happen... but its a nice thought :)

Jow
August 10th, 2005, 17:14
A USB Dongle that stops piracy? WTF are you smoking kid?

Omoikane
August 10th, 2005, 17:34
whats a USB dongle?

edit: nvm i found out...dongle.... why would anyone call it a 'dongle' it sounds like slang for 'dildo' a usb dildo :eek: i mean it would be sticking out of the handheld device like a......

Cap'n 1time
August 10th, 2005, 19:24
whats a USB dongle?

edit: nvm i found out...dongle.... why would anyone call it a 'dongle' it sounds like slang for 'dildo' a usb dildo :eek: i mean it would be sticking out of the handheld device like a......

I bet that would sale well too.

grabnak
August 11th, 2005, 18:17
In spite of the many legal applications of homebrew, all sony would be concerned with would be the illegal applications of any program and their liabilibty propably.

Lol the only time I have ever heard of a dongle, is when I added an ethernet PC card to my laptop, and it was funny then too.

p4ch3c0
August 12th, 2005, 01:26
I have no idea what a dongle is, and I'm scared to enter it in Google image search.

I've heard rumors of Game Shark coming out on PSP. If this is true, perhaps someone could code a code (alliteration) that would execute code off of the memory stick.

Cap'n 1time
August 12th, 2005, 01:31
well, i believe its either already out or is well on its way.. im not sure where i read that though...

edit: nvm, its just action replays worthless crap.

Velo
August 12th, 2005, 08:08
Wow, I admire your optimism, Rock_Light.

I suppose it would be easier if they used a specific memory card. You may have seen it before, but the "Flash Advance" cartridge for the GBA worked very well for emulating GBA and GB games, I wonder if something like this is possible on the PSP...

Someone would practically have to hook a USB onto a UMD, or use a memory disc that bypassed the security somehow, I know this sounds crazy(and it is) but I am going to follow along with your optimistic attitude.

-James

Shiaoran
August 12th, 2005, 10:34
i think the best option is a pirate firmware
maybe if the firmware was downloadable after payment, and u can have all the next versions for free, if u bought one, then it would work really fine

Cap'n 1time
August 12th, 2005, 19:12
i think the best option is a pirate firmware
maybe if the firmware was downloadable after payment, and u can have all the next versions for free, if u bought one, then it would work really fine

i have no idea what your talking about.

the reason no HOMEBREW firmware has been created is because there is still not enough information or research done on the subject... and you will never have to pay for somthing like that if it ever were created assuming that the creator used the same tools everyone else is.

Shiaoran
August 12th, 2005, 21:53
i'd pay for a modchip
I'd pay for a hbfirmware...
it's the most likely way that it'll happen
nobody gives big stuff for free, everyone knows it...

but in the hbfirmw was free it would be really nice...

i would research on it, if i knew how to do it and where to start :P
my thing is pc, not consoles (to make things, not to play ;) )

Cap'n 1time
August 13th, 2005, 02:35
i'd pay for a modchip
I'd pay for a hbfirmware...
it's the most likely way that it'll happen
nobody gives big stuff for free, everyone knows it...

but in the hbfirmw was free it would be really nice...

i would research on it, if i knew how to do it and where to start :P
my thing is pc, not consoles (to make things, not to play ;) )

If there ever is a alternate homebrewed firmware... it would HAVE to be free.. If it wasnt... well.. then it would only appear on pspupdates news anyways.

Jdemon
August 13th, 2005, 05:24
You really have this thing about pspupdates news huh? :D

Well I'd be happy with some more cool arcade packs like the Namco one. But cool ones, not the same crappy re-hashed ones like the William's ones they've been re-hashing for years. I really don't need to play Joust on my PSP, but I'd love to have some Sega and Atari stuff.