PDA

View Full Version : Pandora issues

icors2
February 8th, 2008, 17:45
Okay, I have a phat psp running a 3.80. I need to know how to hardmod my battery so that i can make a pandora's battery. I know it has somthing to do with cutting the eeprom. So if sombody could show me how to do this it would be great thanks.

hodgy47
February 8th, 2008, 18:01
Here you go Please be careful though it can short and explode if you contact 2 terminals by accident

icors2
February 8th, 2008, 18:03
Ok so after i have my battery hardmod done then what would i do? also whats the best way to get the battery apart without breaking it

M Dash
February 8th, 2008, 18:22
Why do you want to hardmod your battery, if you can simply convert to a pandora modifying the EEPROM using Dark_AleX tool???? oO;

icors2
February 8th, 2008, 18:31
i dont think you can on a version 3.80

hodgy47
February 9th, 2008, 00:17
You cant run pandora battery creator on a 3.80 OFW psp, The only other way is to buy a datel tool battery.

icors2
February 9th, 2008, 17:33
so even with a hardmodded battery you cant do it?

cal360
February 9th, 2008, 17:46
Nope not even a hard modded one it's just a way around using software to create the battery but you still need to apply the firmware which has to be done via custom firmware.

sanctus671
February 9th, 2008, 23:16
I suggest buying a datel tool. Thats how I did mine.
If not then try find a friend with cfw.
I'm not to sure about the whole hard modding but it sounds pretty dodging and i would only do it if i was experienced...

icors2
February 10th, 2008, 05:19
anyone want to point me in the direction of where to find one of those?

icors2
February 11th, 2008, 06:43
Also with this tool can sombody point me in the direction of the guide i should follow step by step to make this work after i get one please

hodgy47
February 11th, 2008, 17:53
Just do a google search for datel tool battery there are loads of places sell them. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75828 this guide should help with memstick creation.

73N5H1
March 3rd, 2008, 15:39
Wow, you people are clueless. Actually, you can convert a PSP on OFW to CFW using a hardmodded battery... that is the entire purpose of a hardmodded battery, to be able to make it into a jigkick without having access to a PSP on CFW. Although you are correct in that a Datel Tool battery will work as well, which is basically a premade jigkick. I would, however, suggest the Datel Service Tool instead, because it can convert any PSP battery to a jigkick and back with the press of a button. Also remember that you need to have a Magic Memory Stick to convert. The only way I know off without having access to a PSP on CFW is to use the TOTALNewbie easy installer, as it creates the magic memory stick on a PC. So, to conclude:

MMS create with TOTALNewbie
Hardmodding the battery

is what you need to do to convert your PSP to CFW without having access to a CFW PSP and without having to purchase anything additional. But if you want to forgo the hardmodding, the Datel Products will work just the same.

technomike
March 3rd, 2008, 15:50
What are you guys talking about?
icors2, you can hardmod your battery, but I strongly don't reccommend it. Not only can it destroy your battery, but the worst thing is, it messes up the power management chip which can result in too much or too less power going to the PSP system and can destroy it.

Anyways! The best thing to do, is do what they said and buy a Datel TOOL battery, but you still need to make a 'Magic' Memory Stick which has the files and the update on for the M33 custom firmware you want. You need a 256mb or above Memory Stick PRO Duo for this. But without the memory stick... Datel TOOL is USELESS