PDA

View Full Version : Has homebew actually fixed the slim's composite limitation?

mauro2029
February 8th, 2008, 18:52
Hey, I haven't been able to delve in the scene as much as I'd like lately. I have a PSP phat, I'm a big fan of the console and am actually considering getting a slim as well, however I have read reviews where it is said that the composite tv out feature will only for games and movies on .... I don't remeber if it's 1080p or 720p.... I also vaguely remember seein' somewhere news that homebrew "fixed" this... my question is to what extent? Will I be able to play psp games through tv out on a 480i... or is that too much wishful thinking?

mauro2029
February 14th, 2008, 12:51
anybody?? I also think I read somewhere just using standard analog tv out you could play psp games on a tv (with a homebrew mod), could someone shed some light on this?

Wally
February 14th, 2008, 23:09
I was thinking iRShell fixes it, but most homebrew needs the TV out stuff hardcoded in.

JLF65
February 15th, 2008, 00:19
It's up to programmers to support all modes of the TV out. For example, the Chilly Willy version of DOOM supports all TV out modes. Composite works just fine with it. I imagine we'll see more homebrew supporting the composite cable as the year progresses.