PDA

View Full Version : Fenix Dreamcast development environment page back up

Atari
August 10th, 2005, 01:40
I discovered that my Fenix DC dev page was missing, so I made some changes and put it back up:

http://atari.vg-network.com/fenix

I've changed the IDE to Flamebird 2, as it is much more full-featured than Fenix Desktop. I've also added downloads to other tools such as FPGEDIT and FNT EDIT. There are other tools, such as the Fenix CVS 3-2004 package needed for DC Fenix games, and the DC runtime for burning and running games on the Dreamcast. Hopefully this will help all who wish to get started with DC Fenix.

Eric
August 11th, 2005, 15:02
Is the save feature function in this release aswell as 2 player available for the Dreamcast runtime?

Atari
August 11th, 2005, 23:15
Is the save feature function in this release aswell as 2 player available for the Dreamcast runtime?

2 player has always been available via the get_joy functions. See pauljake's test thread on this board for more information.

With regards to saving... this is the same version of the Fenix runtime that Chui ported, so I'm afraid not. At least as far as I know. Try emailing Chui and see what he says about saving via the VMU in Fenix.