PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP FAST! PSP BRICK! i'm newbie

michalt441
February 9th, 2008, 11:59
OK. I never had so bad day in my life.
I tried to install Applecore on my 3.71 M33-4 with 1.50 kernel addon PSP. I did everything exactly like on this tutorial:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/608823

I didn't backup my flash0 but on YouTube someone send me the backup file - in this video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NaQkA-Ovd7M

I did everything like in Applecore tutorial, and I turn on my PSP and XMB looks weird. So I use backup of flash0, I copied it to flash0. (Of course in Recovery Menu.) When it finished, I unplugged USB cable, then I press Exit. Now I turn on my PSP and what?!

Screen is black! Any key presses won't work! :eek:

I tried accessing Recovery Mode (hold R while startup) but that didn't work either so it must be full brick.

Is there any way to save my PSP?! :(

I can't afford to buy another one at the moment
And I need it fixed FAST! Please help.

one winged angel
February 9th, 2008, 14:33
if you know someone with a homebrew capable psp zou could ask him to make a pandora battery

michalt441
February 9th, 2008, 17:02
that's it! yes! pandora bat!

but what do you mean? how the heck I could use pandora on psp where xmb or recovery doesn't work?!

thats because when i was downloading the flash0 files from the link on youtube, he doesn't had 1.50 kernel addon v2, and i had. so maybe thats why applying the backup only screwed up even more.

by the way if you need this information, my psp memory stick capacity is 4GB, but I got psx, psp and a lot of homebrew on it that I had only about 40meg left :(

so of course i'll have to delete something, but how i can if i cant connect to usb without xmb or recovery, and you know, my memory stick is not to put directly to usb port like some others.

cal360
February 9th, 2008, 17:48
Pandora's battery is the only way and you will require another PSP that can run homebrew just search for Pandora on this site.

michalt441
February 9th, 2008, 18:50
I don't have another PSP. and i cant afford to buy another one (at least at the moment).

but my friend made psp battery as pandora battery for me. what do i do now?

i hope you will tell me how to downgrade if needed. but i dont know how to because i bought my psp from ebay, with already installed 3.71 m33, so i never had to deal with downgrader or anything.

Zin0099
February 9th, 2008, 19:06
if your interested datel made a tool battery i bought it worked also they just made this product too(http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/PSP-Battery-Service-Tool__EF000530.aspx)
this thing converts your battery without the use of a psp an also converts it back to normal

NoQuarter
February 9th, 2008, 22:41
You don't need to downgrade just download Despertar del Cementerio from here and follow the readme if you have a pandora's battery.

http://www.dark-alex.org/

michalt441
February 11th, 2008, 16:12
My friend made a pandora battery. and magic memory stick from the 2gb one. he put it in my psp, then it turns on and i see a black screen.

and for NoQuarter - I found that "Despertar del Cementerio" but do I click Version 1, 2, 3 or 4? I'm having firmware 3.71 m33-4 with 1.50 kernel addon.

But i think nobody understands. I had 3.71 m33-4 with 1.50 kernel addon, and i wanted to get back to original xmb (i installed applecore using cxmb) so i downloaded the backup but didnt know its for 3.71 m33-4 WITHOUT 1.50 kernel addon so it bricked all my flash0 files.

I'll try to find somebody who I'll send my PSP to and he unbricks it for me.

hodgy47
February 11th, 2008, 18:03
Get your friend to make the upms which you can get from here - www.upms-project.com If this dont work then you might have corrupted your nand beyond repair or you may be using a fake memstick which pandora wont run on to well try rewriting the stick and then try a different stick if you can just to be sure.

Wally
February 11th, 2008, 23:23
Download Pandora's GUI it'll save you both time :)

michalt441
February 17th, 2008, 20:27
I used this to create magic mem stick:
http://dl.qj.net/TOTALNewbi-easyInstaller-PSP-T%20ools-Utilities-(on-PC)/pg/12/fid/14749/catid/193

I selected 5 - Psp fat and slim unbricker. I also formatted Memory Stick first.

I made a magic memory stick, created a pandora battery and I put them all in, and i press ON switch and PSP won't turn on.
I tried plugging charger to it, but still the light does not turn on and seems like my PSP is dead... :(

I tried putting memstick out and PSP light still doesn't come on.

One of my friends suggested to ask an expert to fix my PSP for me.
I'll go to one of those tomorrow. If he won't fix my PSP i'll tell you but... We'll see :)

jxx2005
February 17th, 2008, 20:34
wrong sub-forum for the record
help topics go in the help forum

but yea
pandora + magic MS = fixes PSP

i've done it and had great success

hodgy47
February 18th, 2008, 17:39
It sounds like your battery hasnt converted properly you shouldnt need to press power button with a pandra battery it automatically switches on when you insert battery.

Try plugging ac adapter in without any battery inserted to see if it will switch on as far it will.

michalt441
February 23rd, 2008, 11:27
OK, I taken my PSP to an expert and I finally got it to work.

My FW is now 3.90 M33-2. But where do I get right version of 1.50 kernel addon for it?

hodgy47
February 23rd, 2008, 13:56
www.dark-alex.org for the 150 kernel add-on you want version 2 assuming your using a fat psp, if its a slim dont try to install the 150 kernel cos slims dont work with it you would have download DA's time machine available at the same site.

michalt441
February 23rd, 2008, 17:23
My PSP is fat

But do I put 150k_addon390v2 in PSP/GAME or PSP/GAME/UPDATE?

NoQuarter
February 23rd, 2008, 19:36
PSP/GAME

Try out time machine

hodgy47
February 24th, 2008, 00:42
Yeah as NoQuater said try time machine anyway i run it and its awesome.
And works perfect on my slim.

michalt441
February 24th, 2008, 23:24
I solved the problem and now I know that I put it in PSP/GAME. I installed it and now homebrew and everything works OK.

But when I play Doom-PSP Port, the loading is very very long. Do you know why?

NycNessyness
February 29th, 2008, 02:50
Is it possible to reach my memory stick on a fully bricked psp. I have the pandora battery and used my current memory stick to make the magic memory stick, but now I can't change it back since I can't access my memory stick from the psp. Is there anyway I can reach it? I appreciate any help given. Thanks.

nokturno
March 8th, 2008, 06:08
is there any suggest, if my motherboard type (TA-085 v2) had make my psp can't be pandorized..how can I get the backup of flash0 on my CFW 3.90 M33-2 Slim?

FoShizzle17
March 8th, 2008, 22:38
Is it possible to reach my memory stick on a fully bricked psp. I have the pandora battery and used my current memory stick to make the magic memory stick, but now I can't change it back since I can't access my memory stick from the psp. Is there anyway I can reach it? I appreciate any help given. Thanks.
On some computers there is a slot for inserting memory sticks. Or you could borrow someone else's PSP for making the magic memory stick