PDA

View Full Version : dreamsnes saves > zsnes saves?

Crocomire
August 18th, 2004, 14:24
is it possible to somehow get the sram saves from dreamsnes off the vmu onto the pc for use with zsnes?

Hola
August 18th, 2004, 15:53
Its possable to get them off of a vmu using a VMU serial cable which you can buy from lik-sang for extremly cheap. Playasia also carries them.
Now converting from dreamsnes to zsnes is impossable at the moment however I think I might be able to get my friend to make a converter. Or maybe one of the coders around here will do it that way it would be free. My friends a professional programer and doesnt do anything for free anymore.

Crocomire
August 19th, 2004, 10:28
it would be great if some one did write such a program, i got real far into crono trigger, but now i wanna continue it on a different platform. to be honest, i dont actually want to end up with a zsnes save file, i want a opensnes (gp32) save file, but i just know i can get from zsnes to opensnes

Hola
August 19th, 2004, 14:01
I dont think you got that write. OpenSnes is Snes9x wouldnt you rather have a Snes9x save instead. BTW when are you gonna upload your dreamsnes save file you want converted?

Crocomire
August 19th, 2004, 14:27
Familar with the GP32 are you? Osnes is basically a port of snes9x, but i believe that its easier to get a zsnes save file working, i'm going to upload the file when i've got the cable, and when i know that it's possible to convert it, why do you ask?

edit:i'm no coder, but i've been thinking, after transfering the save file to pc, wouldn't it just be a simple matter of editing the header?

Hola
August 19th, 2004, 14:44
It might just be tho I dont even know how DreamSnes save files work and I havent looked into it.

Eric
August 19th, 2004, 18:54
I think that is cool and think that things like that should be inputed on a new release of VMoo it should have many emus like NesterDC,SuperFamicast,DreamSnes and any other emu that needs converting and i hope that a coder who is reading who sees this might think this is a pretty good idea.

Eric