PDA

View Full Version : Need Someone who is an expert with Final Fantasy IV Hard/easytype (Japan version).

Ultimate warrior
February 10th, 2008, 16:33
Hello, I have both the hardtype and easytype versions (I think). I used the J2E patch with a verified good dump ( had [!] in the name) and, unlike what everyone has been saying, the game doesn't feel "hard" at all. Mist dragon only did 1 dmg to Cecil almost everytime she hit and all the monsters in the waterway (where you get Tella) are either missing or only doing 1 dmg to ALL characters. I also tried attacking a sand shagin formation (4 of them with each one behind one another) and supposedly one of the differences is that your supposed to do less damage to monsters in the back row. Well, I didn't. I still dealt 34 dmg with Cecil, yet when I attacked the monster right in front of him, it did 17 dmg. Also, the easytype version (not FF2) was exactly similar and Mist Dragon actually did MORE damage (22 dmg) compared to 1 from the hardtype. All other things were similar to hardtype too. The extra skills were still there, the General and 3 soldiers formation had general taking less damage (since he was in back row, even though all enemies in easytype are supposed to be considered in the front row). Leviathan (on a previous playthrough on a corrupted ROM only did 450 DMG when some guides I read said he should be doing 700 DMG) The only things that were easytype only were the extra dialogue in the beginning, and the fact that you get remedies instead of things like gold needles and such. Also, a lot of shop prices were MORE expensive in easytype, that just makes no sense I know that the latest J2E translation had some music bugs in it, but seriously, is my hardtype wrong? Or is "hardtype" just not as hard as everyone says it is? Here are the nams of the files I'm using

Final Fantasy IV - Easy Type (J) [T+Eng100_Dark Knight Kain].smc

Final_Fantasy_IV_(J)_[!].smc

Are there any Super Famicom ROMs of these games? Do Super Famicom ROMs even exist? If so can someone tell me the FILENAMES so I can search for them on Google (pretty sure the rules just syas we can't post LINKS to ROM sites, nothing aobut asking filenames). Also, only post if you are an expert in the different FF4 types and know any S. Famicom files that work perfect. If possible, how do they work on any PSP SNES emu's? Thank You for answering.

cloud_952
February 10th, 2008, 18:10
o_O I love when people post how they only want x-type of people to reply, as in that people trying to do you a service is somehow wrong if you didn't ask for that type of person. Hmm..

Anyway, I'd like to know here that when you're comparing stuff, are you comparing the US rom or JPN Easy Type? Have you also considered the possibility that the translation you're using for Easy Type could very well have also included some hacks to the game play and should NOT be a benchmark?

You also don't mention any levels when you're talking about the damage, which makes them meaningless. As you know, your level and equipment will greatly affect how much damage you give/take. Since your equipment is limited by these battles, I'm curious how high/low levelled you were at the time.

Also, if you think that the patch may be involved, why don't you play through FF IV JPN (hard-type) in Japanese (just jab at the proper button, you have to know the plot well enough to bs it) and see if the dmg levels are the same.

Good luck..!

Ultimate warrior
February 11th, 2008, 01:15
Compared with all three ROMs (Jpn easy/ hard and U.S.), with and without the patches (I know that it is the patch that caused the prob with the music because I tested the game at that part without the patch and the game played the music fine). As for the levels I leveled up once for both Cain and Cecil for the Mist Dragon and then a couple of levels for Rydia and Cecil afterwards. Cecil was level 12 when he fought the guard boss at the inn. It might just be because it's the beginning of the game but I don't know. Also it may sound rude that I want only a certain kind of people to post, but please try to understand that I want people who know what their talking about, so I don't get wrong information and such.

EDIT: LOL I do know the plot pretty much inside and out, but it would be kinda hard to equip stuff, cast magic, and use items if I don't know what the hell I'm reading.