PDA

View Full Version : snes9x doesn't seem to support...

Zeitsev
August 10th, 2005, 16:04
Japanese games that have been patched/translated using SNEStool aren't loading.

Has anyone been able to successfully apply a translation patch and be able to play the game fully translated? snes9x doesn't seem to support this...

Thanks

xphorz
August 10th, 2005, 16:06
i haven't, with the patchers things

there are certain roms tho (site disclosed), that have a built in patches which are said to work on all emulators. i'll try one out now, tell you how it works

ghost2258
August 10th, 2005, 17:50
what version are you using? mine plays patched/translated jap games just fine

parabolee
August 10th, 2005, 18:02
I got the translated version of Star Ocean working just fine, speach is a little glitchy but it seems to run great.

xphorz
August 10th, 2005, 18:05
snes9x tyl and uo seem to do
final fantasy 5 us translation ok

the text can be hard to read sometimes, but it's all understandable

arch stanton
August 10th, 2005, 19:20
snes9x tyl works with english translation of secret of mana 2.

shadowprophet
August 10th, 2005, 20:42
Nothing to see here move along :p

Cap'n 1time
August 10th, 2005, 20:57
Instead of isp patches. download a trasnlated/hacked rom
Those work fine in snes9x :D

its illegal to download a rom... but even more illegal to download a rom that has been patched, or is packed with an ips patch... not that i care.

shadowprophet
August 10th, 2005, 21:06
Im gonna edit that beofore I get into trouble or some junk,
I wasnt trying to break any rules. I just wasnt thinking:p

xuphorz
August 10th, 2005, 21:20
it's still rather obvious what you posted, might want to get 1timeuser to delete that quote

Cap'n 1time
August 10th, 2005, 21:20
Im gonna edit that beofore I get into trouble or some junk,
I wasnt trying to break any rules. I just wasnt thinking:p

actually, its not illegal.. just most of the time its against the creator of the patches wishes.

xuphorz
August 10th, 2005, 21:21
technically, patches which are made for games are not illegal, but if the patch is included in the game, and you don't own the original copy, then it is illegal

trust me, i know about emulation and roms

shadowprophet
August 10th, 2005, 21:31
But if 1timeuser deletes it it would kind of ruin the humor in all this, And nobody would know what I was talking about :p
By the way xuphorz welcome back :)
Is that other nick thats awfully close to your name you aswell?
cause if not youve got a clone bro:p

xuphorz
August 10th, 2005, 22:08
thanks prophet of the shadow
aweful nick?
xphorz was me, but otherwise i have no clue what your talking about

shadowprophet
August 10th, 2005, 22:13
Yeah that was the name:p
I just didnt know for sure that if that was you or not:p

xuphorz
August 10th, 2005, 22:14
ya, t'was

why is it no one believed me when i was saying it was me to unban my (xuphorz) account?

eternaldragonx
August 10th, 2005, 22:36
there aint no1 that has messed with emulation roms more than i especially when it comes to fully hacked or translated roms, i can say that i havnt had not one problem with any of my patched games using snestool i pity you friend i truly do but just keep tryin maybe you have a dump rom find andother patch again and retry ur problems i assure you will whisp away

Cap'n 1time
August 10th, 2005, 22:44
But if 1timeuser deletes it it would kind of ruin the humor in all this, And nobody would know what I was talking about :p
By the way xuphorz welcome back :)
Is that other nick thats awfully close to your name you aswell?
cause if not youve got a clone bro:p

you know im not a mod right? nope, im just really really dignified ;) .

When i said it wasnt illegal. I was refering to downloading prepackaged patches. now then, prepatched roms are completely illegal, as are any commercial backups you didnt actually make on your own.

xuphorz
August 10th, 2005, 23:32
which is my point

auric_aka_Sum1
August 11th, 2005, 01:00
did you know that downloading rom images isnt usually illegal.....IF YOU own the actual cartridge/game...... but if you dont...then....its considered illegal....

xuphorz
August 11th, 2005, 01:33
yes, that's what me and 1timeuser said

Cap'n 1time
August 11th, 2005, 03:18
did you know that downloading rom images isnt usually illegal.....IF YOU own the actual cartridge/game...... but if you dont...then....its considered illegal....

wrong. it has to be YOUR backup. not just any ole rom image. for instance, if you own Super Mario RPG and you download it, what your doing is still illegal... now if you own a superUFO and you back it up yourself, then its perfectly fine.

xuphorz
August 11th, 2005, 03:25
i thought he said your own backup...

here the basic rule:

internet and roms = bad news

chronoswing
August 11th, 2005, 04:03
i thought he said your own backup...

here the basic rule:

internet and roms = bad news

Glad I have every "GOODROM_SET" for every system backed up on DVD's, I never have to download roms from the internet.

knownX
August 11th, 2005, 04:47
SnesPSP_TYL is all you need for the patched games to work. but cant tell you where to get it but i can tell you this it works.

xuphorz
August 11th, 2005, 04:50
SnesPSP_TYL is all you need for the patched games to work. but cant tell you where to get it but i can tell you this it works.

yes, it does, as i have said

patched games = good
games needing patches = bad

shadowprophet
August 11th, 2005, 13:30
you know im not a mod right? nope, im just really really dignified ;) .

When i said it wasnt illegal. I was refering to downloading prepackaged patches. now then, prepatched roms are completely illegal, as are any commercial backups you didnt actually make on your own.

Yeap shadow knows your not a mod bro. But your the suavest non mod I know,and you would make a great mod if you was:p

auric_aka_Sum1
August 12th, 2005, 20:21
well...thats nothing....on mtv news...they actually said...EVIL Comes in the form on INTERNET PIRACY......Evil....i mean...WTF.....really.... they gotta remember one thing.... the US was built on corruptness.... so there is no way that ....it would be considered evil.... but ..... anyways..... the point i was making....is.... what america cant have...they take silently.... reguardless of consequence... (*which is usually not much*) but ...thanks to your local fbi agents...they like to rush into your house and accuse you of bs that u didnt even do.... but ...make you FEEL like you actually did it... haha...sorry .....i feel like im ranting... anyone seen family guy movie yet..?? good dvd rip already goin around... i seen it... like an episode...so dont expect too highly of it... but ....reason for bringing it up...is ... peter gets a job on the news...ranting about what reallly grinds his gears.... hah..... so...and that people...is what really grinds MY gears...

xuphorz
August 12th, 2005, 21:15
you're very special, but i think piracy should be tracked. and programs like warez, kazaa, phex, bearshare, etc., should be banned

parabolee
August 12th, 2005, 22:04
Sorry but Filesharing should NOT BE banned, if they want to stop piracy they nee to figure out a way that does not infringe on my right to share files over P2P. There is no legal precedent for banning file sharing, it is illegal to download a copyrighted file but not to share files.

And they will NEVER ban them anyway, unless we have a one world government that sets the law banning them (ok maybe not never :( NWO FEAR :( ) otherwise they will exist because it is not illegal in other countries.

shadowprophet
August 12th, 2005, 22:10
I think kazaa,morpheus, win mx. Those things are really mostly used for illegal music and warez downloads. However file shareing can never be totaly stoped.
Even if all the p2p programs sudenly where banned. people would just start runnin ftp servers again. Both of you have valid points. But the only things I have ever gotten from p2p file sharing is viruses. :rolleyes: