PDA

View Full Version : neo geo cart emu?

slik da relic
August 10th, 2005, 20:05
any reason this hasnt been attempted? or has it, and i dont know about it? the reason i ask is because of the availabilty (and abundance) of the titles.

da relic

Cap'n 1time
August 10th, 2005, 20:32
any reason this hasnt been attempted? or has it, and i dont know about it? the reason i ask is because of the availabilty (and abundance) of the titles.

da relic

this is just a guess. NeoCD was probably easy to port (and im just guessing based on how quickly it evolved).

Perhapes the reason we still are lacking a MVS emulator is due to the usual: lack of ram, lack of power, lack of interest. Im sure it will be looked into... Neogeo and CPS1/2 will probably appear in some sort of port of MAME or more likely. Some version of either Final Burn, Nebula, or Kwa*whatcha ma call it.

gordon
August 10th, 2005, 20:32
i havent heard anyone try to attempt it. But it sounds like a good idea. I could give it a shot but im not developing any emus for the public right now.

Its also because the neogeo cart roms are huge and the system was fairly powerfull it self.

hmmm... We'll see how it goes for now.
If someone can get it started ill ceck it out.

wraggster
August 10th, 2005, 20:53
i would say lack of ram and the lack of understanding of the GPU

slik da relic
August 10th, 2005, 21:33
i havent heard anyone try to attempt it. But it sounds like a good idea. I could give it a shot but im not developing any emus for the public right now.

Its also because the neogeo cart roms are huge and the system was fairly powerfull it self.

hmmm... We'll see how it goes for now.
If someone can get it started ill ceck it out.

i checked a few titles, and the cart roms r smaller that the cds as a whole. i sure the cds r huge bcuz of the music.

da relic

Cap'n 1time
August 10th, 2005, 22:07
yes, but the rom cartridge cant be read on the go like cds can.. they have to be completely loaded into ram all at once.

quzar
August 11th, 2005, 14:44
if neo4all is ever released with mvs emulation, that will probably be ported into the NeoCD emulators. The biggest problem is that all the open source emulators of the neogeo are very very bulky and do not try at all to conserve memory (which is why i've opted for making a cobbleware emulator).