PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else still having issues with XBL?

beetroot bertie
February 13th, 2008, 15:04
Is anyone else still having problems with xbox live?

I'm still having intermittent issues connecting to Live via the dashboard - long wait, can't connect. My internet connection was good and stable at around 1500 kbps download rate, 370kbps upload rate.

Last night I was playing Halo 3 co-op with 2 of my pals. It was really jittery and the framerate kept on halting, chugging etc. We think it was due to one member's housemate downloading stuff on a PC. Anyway, I left the game to let the other 2 try it without me to see if I was a factor too, and I temporarily started a solo game. I was still connected to live. I played for 10 mins or so and it turned out my mates had sent me multiple invites/messages which I didn't recieve. I then got disconnected from Live and could connect up. Eventually after multiple restarts of both the 360 and router I managed to get on and everything was fine but only recieved 2 of the many messages etc.

Maybe I'm an isolated case but I was wondering if anyone else is still experiencing the connection problems etc that cropped up over the Christmas period?

M Dash
February 13th, 2008, 16:32
You're not the only one. I don't play games online, but still, I have my 360 connected to the internet and logged in, and it takes forever to loggon into XBL and eventually, i get disconnected during gameplay, despite i always play offline mode.

So, you're not the only one...

BTW... I'm from Portugal... maybe the country has something to do with it?

beetroot bertie
February 13th, 2008, 19:41
Hmmm. Maybe it's a European thing?

It's probablt totally unreleated but I've noticed twice now, that bang on midnight I get the "Disconnected from messenger" notice.

I wonder if something resets at midnight?