PDA

View Full Version : Ok just to make sure I have this down pat

Ultimate warrior
February 14th, 2008, 04:36
STILL haven't got my pandora's battery yet from Amazon (friggin slow seller) so I'm going to post what I think the correct order is. What I have done so far...

1. Created a file called PSP ROMs.

2. Made the following folders inside... "NES" "SNES" "GBA" "Genesis"

3. Put respective extracted ROMs inside the folders.

4. Downloaded "14909_DGEN_170_Lite", "14235_NesterJ_v1_11_RM_by_davex", " 14889_snes9xTYL0.4.2me_fw3x", and "PSPGBA_1025". Still Zipped however ( I have un-zipped them though to see where I think I should put all my stuff)

5. Copied DISKSYS.ROM to PSP ROMs

6. Downloaded m33 380-5 CFW (Just checked their website and they updated the newest firmware) still zipped.

All I can do at this point w/ out Pandora's Battery. So, after looking at all the emu's I simply put my ROMs inside the file that says ROMs I'm assuming? Except for DGEN and PSPGBA which doesn't have this file, so where do I place those ROMs? Also, do I just copy all the stuff that originally appears for the emu's after I extract them to the PSP game folder (after I install the CFW of course)?

Basically what I'm trying to say is

1. Extract the CFW file and put anything that comes out into PSP games.

2. Put Pandora's Battery in my PSP, then somehow it runs automatically after PSP is turned on?

3. Extract all my Emulators and throw anything that gets originally extracted into PSP games.

4. Throw ROMs into respective ROM folders in the emulators ROM files and put Disksys.rom into PSP GAMES to enable Famicom support.

5. Throw GBA and Genesis ROMs into PSP games to see if they run from there.

6. Take out Pandora's Battery and use the battery that came with the PSP.

These are the EXACT steps I'm going to be following, I want to know if they are correct or not, please.

diskullone
February 14th, 2008, 06:07
you have some wrong information.

before using any homebrew (nes, gba....), downgrade your psp first.

insert magic ms, then pandora battery. follows instructions, and press X when it fisnished_ remove the ms and pandora battery, then restart your psp.

now, you can look to transfer your nes's files, etc...

bah
February 14th, 2008, 08:12
diskullone is correct, those steps are all wrong.
You need to follow the pandora downgrade procedure before you do anything with homebrew apps like emulators etc.

You do know you need a memory stick that has been specially converted ('Magic memory stick'), not just the battery yeah?
The readme.txt included with the pandoras battery release (http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/unbricker-for-all-firmwares.html) is clear and concise about what to do, if you have questions about a particular step then post them along with a quote of the step in question.

To make the memory stick you need a PSP that can run homebrew already.
If you have bought a Pandora (tool) battery online, then I assume you don't know anyone with one (as they could have converted a normal battery instead of you having to buy one).
There is a way to make the memory stick without a homebrew-enabled PSP, but it is illegal as it contains sony code so I can't help you with that. Try google if you must.
More info on Pandora's Battery/Magic Memory Stick (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75828)

Get your PSP running a custom firmware then look further for more info on your post.

Once you are running a custom firmware then you can copy homebrew over to your memory stick in the folder X:\PSP\GAME or X:\PSP\GAME150 (X being the drive letter of your memory stick in windows). You may need a plugin for the firmware to run some homebrew, cross that bridge when you get to it.

You extract the rar/zip file the homebrew comes in on your PC, then copy the folder(s) over to the memory stick. You don't copy the zip/rar over to the PSP.

You listed DGEN and PSPGBA, I would strongly reccomend Picodrive 1.35b (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80319)(Faster emulation than DGEN, supports Mega(sega)-CD as well as Megadrive(genesis)), and gpSP 0.9 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46046)(full speed GBA emulation on a lot of games). They are both amazing emulators.

One last thing: by the way you named the homebrew you listed it seems your PC is set to hide file extensions. You can fix this by going to 'my computer', 'tools' dropdown menu up top, 'folder options', 'view' tab up top, under the heading 'Advanced options' look for the setting 'Hide extensions for known file types' and un-check it (get rid of the tick), then click ok.
That's not essential, but it can cause issues sometimes and is probably the stupidest default setting in windows.

Ultimate warrior
February 15th, 2008, 06:15
Well this sucks. So, now I gotta figure out a way to turn my memory stick into a "magic memory stick"? Also, it said in that link you posted that I can't use a slim battery only a fat one. Well that sucks too, I only got a slim one.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
- Connect the PSP to the PC with the Memory Stick inside via the USB
Connection.
- Format the Memory Stick using any utility.
-Use mspformat to format the Memory Stick logically.
- Remove the Memory Stick and disable the USB connection.
- Connect the Memory Stick again via the USB connection of the PSP.
- Manually create the PSP/GAME (optionally PSP/GAME150) folders on the
Memory Stick.
- Copy the "battery" and "installer" programs to the PSP/GAME
(optionally PSP/GAME150) folder.
- Copy the 1.50 official updater as UPDATE.PBP to the root of the
Memory Stick.
- Run "installer" through the firmware on the PSP. This application
will create the firmware files on the root of the Memory Stick, as
well as msipl.bin.
- Connect the Memory Stick again via the USB connection of the PSP.
- Execute "msipl" application on the PC with the msipl.bin to write
the IPL to memory stick.
- Execute "battery" application on the PSP to modify the battery.
- Congratulation, you are now in posession of a "Magic Memory Stick"
and a "JigKick Battery".

You'll also need two extra firmware files - 3.40 and 3.71
Download 3.40 from here
You'll need to download 3.71 from Sony's website http://www.yourpsp.com

Why can't I simply use the m-33 380 version 5?

Can I use just one of those to modify the mem stick? Will that make it a magic one and how do I do it? I'm also assuming since I'm going to already have a Pandora's battery that I can skip the rest of the steps? But THEN would I put the extracted firmware into the PSP Games folder? Do I need to download some other kind of firmware. Keep in mind I have a Slim PSP. Finally do I really need this desperatar cemetario thing? I read the read me in it and NONE of it makes ANY sense. I knew this was going to be impossibly hard.

EDIT: Ok I checked on Google Like you said and found this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZKV4uCFhoM would this link work to make a magic memory stick instead of doing all that other stuff?

EDIT 2: Followed everything the guy Said in the vid but once I got to the command prompt I got hit with "check free reserved sector: to small reserved sector" instead of the "press Y to continue" thing. After looking on my PSP's mem stick it says "Pandora"s Battery Creator", "Corrupted Data", and "Despertar del Cementerio". Is this right? NOW do I put in the Pandora's Battery/ memstick, follow the instructions, and THEN put the Custom Firmware Into PSP Games or DO I first put in the CFW in PSP Games and run it, THEN do the pandora's battery/memstick thing?

Wally
February 15th, 2008, 12:58
Use Pandora's GUI

Ultimate warrior
February 15th, 2008, 20:29
My firmware version is 3.72. Can SOMEONE please expalin to me why I'm getting the "check free sectors: to small reserved sectors" problem. Also, WTF is Pandora's GUI? what is GUI?

From what I've been reading on other websites it says that the Pandora's Battery WON'T Work with a slim PSP? Does that mean I bought the Pandora's Battery online for nothing? and what is with this kernel stuff?

diskullone
February 15th, 2008, 20:57
you can make pandora with slim battery! but you are waiting for one, no?

Ultimate warrior
February 15th, 2008, 22:38
Ok someone PLZ watch the youtube video to tell me why I'm getting the small reserved sectors problem! I'm so close to making a magic mem stick! So are these the correct steps?

1. After following all the youtube video steps and finding how to fix "small reserved sectors" I will have a magic memory stick.

2. Put m33 380-5 CFW in the PSP games folder on my new magic mem stick.

3. Turn off PSP, put in Pandora's Battery and magic mem stick and turn PSP on.

4. Pandora Battery will boot up the CFW from my magic mem stick and then I just follow the on screen instructions.

EDIT: I will be applying this CFW from just a version 3.72 on my PSP. Do I need to download some other kind of firmware first?

come on! somebody please help