PDA

View Full Version : You think the scene is slow huh ?

shadowprophet
August 11th, 2005, 12:10
Big hairy deal.

I dont know why people just cant be happy with all the things we already have to do. I mean its just a slow period people get over it. Do people even try there homebrew anymore?
Theres so much to do on the psp right now,its just hard to hear people with there negitivity about how the scene has slown down,
Look theres so much to do on the psp homebrew scene right now,
If somone where to play through it all till its completed, They wouldnt even have time to bitch about it in these here forums.

Just on my psp alone, ive got so much stuff on it to finish everything would take a lifetime, Roms and emus. programs and apps. Music and movies.
Not to mention Homebrew is completely free. So to hear somone whine about how theres not any more of it then there is right now, Well it just makes me want to throw there spioled asses down a flight of stairs, seriously all you people bitching at the scene. Dont turn your back to me near a flight of stairs:mad: . The scene may be slow,But its also very hot right now, Sony is at it's breaking point and wont stop till they have done everything in there power. Which seems very infinitely vast,To kill the scene. But they cant :D
Nobody can ever kill what homebrew has become. It will just always be.
And know that the psp for its lack of quality design, Still does some great things, And the hombrew scene will remember the psp long after sony has given up on it, to sell us there next overpriced peice of junk,

In conclusion To the noobs, Stop your damn bitching.

To everyone else , Long live homebrew :D
Im out peace:cool:

alex_dsnews
August 11th, 2005, 12:13
I just think people have gotten used to daily emulator updates and new stuff every hour... It had to tail off at some point, and face it - as more and more PSPs have firmware higher than 1.5, then less people will make use of it all, so less developers will bother.

It's a sad fact, IMO. As long as someone brings out a Speccy emulator, it's all good.

Shiaoran
August 11th, 2005, 13:53
i think that the emulators still need to be 100%, just like the pc vesions...
and i think that all homebrew projects should be finished, i hate unfinished things >:(

what PSP most needs:
PSX emulator
N64 emulator
GBA emulator that works
ports of some good games
a MMF PSP version ^^

quzar
August 11th, 2005, 14:41
nobody saw this coming [/sarcasm]

slik da relic
August 11th, 2005, 15:40
i, personally, am MORE than satisfied with the scene. everyone must remember that system emulation on the psp came at a record pace! and if u look at all the downloads and apps we have, its ridiculous!!!! i was tired of chips and mods and opening my system. when i saw the power of the psp, and the fact that it has a usb port, i knew all my prayers was answered. its made it possible to get everything u need without ordering chips and soldering wires. some guys just dont realize and appreciate things. neo geo games were $200 a piece at one point. and now i can have them all on one little card? thats crazy!!! i guess its bcuz alot of guys never seen the progression of video games, from 1pixel sprites to 100 million polygonal characters. thats really whats goin on. i thank everyone for the emus and apps i use, and the ones that i dont, but gives us an option. they do this, and still have to go to work and feed their families. HATS OFF!!!

da relic

Omatic
August 11th, 2005, 16:31
and i think that all homebrew projects should be finished, i hate unfinished things >:(

what PSP most needs:
PSX emulator
N64 emulator
GBA emulator that works
ports of some good games
a MMF PSP version ^^

So, are you planning on developing these yourself or are you going to wait for someone else to do it? I'm sure if you pay someone to make an emulator for you, they'd do a good job if you paid well.

rock_light
August 11th, 2005, 16:36
It's a shame that the latest flood of home appz has slowed down a bit.
I figure most homebrew authors are just like you and I. Lazy.

Most ideas have been used already so that doesn't leave many projects to start.
IE: Why start a snes, nes, txt reader if we already have 4-5?

That's one reason I'd think we haven't seen anything new recently.

Oh yeah I think if we got off our lazy arses and learned how to code we might have some new stuff.

Oh and if you do decide to do so remember, PROGRESS REPORTS!!

That's all I really wish more authors would do.
I figure we don't see so many cuz there is no progress at all.
Buddy probobly just got stuck and lazy and left the project alone to pursue a life of their own. It's a hobby not their job.

However, getting a whole whackload of ppl psyched up to recieve empty promises of ANY KIND is a cruel thing to do if you ask me. So plz if you are an author at least give some kind of weekly journal of your progress. (LIKE EVEN IF YOU HAD NONE JUST TELL US THAT MUCH) It's a lot nicer than wasting ppl's time and hopes!

And that's kinda what your doing when you stop a WIP. Yeah it's understandable but it's still cruel.

shadowprophet
August 11th, 2005, 17:45
It's a shame that the latest flood of home appz has slowed down a bit.
I figure most homebrew authors are just like you and I. Lazy.

Most ideas have been used already so that doesn't leave many projects to start.
IE: Why start a snes, nes, txt reader if we already have 4-5?

That's one reason I'd think we haven't seen anything new recently.

Oh yeah I think if we got off our lazy arses and learned how to code we might have some new stuff.

Oh and if you do decide to do so remember, PROGRESS REPORTS!!

That's all I really wish more authors would do.
I figure we don't see so many cuz there is no progress at all.
Buddy probobly just got stuck and lazy and left the project alone to pursue a life of their own. It's a hobby not their job.

However, getting a whole whackload of ppl psyched up to recieve empty promises of ANY KIND is a cruel thing to do if you ask me. So plz if you are an author at least give some kind of weekly journal of your progress. (LIKE EVEN IF YOU HAD NONE JUST TELL US THAT MUCH) It's a lot nicer than wasting ppl's time and hopes!

And that's kinda what your doing when you stop a WIP. Yeah it's understandable but it's still cruel.

Lazy. these people arnt lazy. Do you know how hard it is to code?
Do you know how much harder it is to code somthing good?
Anyway have you seen the top of the empire state buliding lately? Well come on i'll show you, lets take the stairs :D

geise69
August 11th, 2005, 20:22
This always happens. When a scene starts up it goes like crazy. After a while it starts to fade out. $**t happens! Look at the how the PC emulation scene was when it first stated taking off in 96-97. Then a couple months later neo geo, then it stopped being updated, then cps2 in mame and other emulators. Now that's done. Now the pc emulation scene has been very very quiet. You can find some things now and then if you know what sites to look at. MAME is periodically updated but that's about it. It happens people. I'd rather not hear a damn thing for a month and then have something great to look forward to then an assload of small updates every damn day. I miss the old days of emulation.

Trips411911
August 11th, 2005, 21:55
I didn't buy my PSP for homebrew. Anything that comes out of developers is bonus. Great job to anyone coding/suporting. I never expected to play mario on a sony product. Thanks everyone!

ataribob
August 11th, 2005, 23:23
It's strange that's there an Atari 2600 emulator on the Hand Held PC----GP32----DC----

That would have been pretty easy to port.
So why has no one bothered ?

Kaiser
August 11th, 2005, 23:49

what PSP most needs:
PSX emulator
N64 emulator
GBA emulator that works
ports of some good games
a MMF PSP version ^^

Saying that just made me lose all respect for you. :mad:

Kaleaf
August 11th, 2005, 23:55
No news is good news(means they are doing stuff)

... thanks to all the programmers.

slik da relic
August 12th, 2005, 05:03
i knew emus were coming... didnt think they would be as good as they r this fast. the one thing we have going for us is the six buttons and the analog stick. that makes the emus fun to use, and most systems will be covered easily. just enjoy it, alot of them run very good at this stage, and u get a chance to play the system u never had. i think we should be grateful. VERY!!!

da relic

Sauron96
August 12th, 2005, 05:19
Honestly, all currently I want added to present emulators is two things:

-Save state for Neo Geo CD

-Full screen & save state for the SMS (yes I actually play that)

The GBA emu is kind of gargbage; if someone redid that one entirely that'd be cool...

AND - a MAME emu for pre-1990-ish (anything after might be pushing it, but 80's games should gun great)

Also isn't there supposed to be something announced on August 25th; something MAJOR I forget the details...

Oh and that PSone emulator claims it will be released Sept. 1st

turtleghandi
August 12th, 2005, 05:27
I'd like to see Gamegenie support for the oldschool stuff because I'm terrible at it. I think the PSP homebrew scene tags along with the PSP, so it gets to that time of year and games are coming out like crazy, the scene will pickup some momentum.

quzar
August 12th, 2005, 07:14
It's strange that's there an Atari 2600 emulator on the Hand Held PC----GP32----DC----

That would have been pretty easy to port.
So why has no one bothered ?

This is possibly the most appropriate response to your post: If it's so easy then why don't you do it?

Cap'n 1time
August 12th, 2005, 07:15
This is possibly the most appropriate response to your post: If it's so easy then why don't you do it?

lets make some people angry!

I HAVE DONE IT! I HAVE EMULATED A NINTENDO GC, GBA, AND ATARI 2600!!! THEY ALL RUN AT 60 FPS!

but im not releasing it. hahahahahahahhaha

Velo
August 12th, 2005, 08:53
1timeuser, your empty sarcasm always makes my day....

Oh, and everyone else, The homebrew "scene" is slowing because less people are willing to give up thier homebrew for Firmware. I don't blame them. Homebrew is very insecure when it comes to ruining your PSP. Many people just don't want to take a chance.

Not only that, but the PSP may have the power to run these emulators, but barely any of them run at a decent frame rate, not to mention that controls from many of the pre-pre-historic systems would not be easily implemented without another nub or more shoulder buttons.I'm not saying these are not possible, but it would be very hard to play some of these games without more controls.

-James

Shiaoran
August 12th, 2005, 10:32
i just wnt people to finish what they started
we have a GBA, a PSX and a Genesis emulator, they are just incomplete
people have fun porting things (well, I have...)
MFX for VMU worked quite well, if you remember (it's unoficial and only in corean)

when NG was released i bought one with 2 games, now it's in the garage,getting some dust, as I can play the same games and more in my pc :P

slik da relic
August 13th, 2005, 03:42
1timeuser, your empty sarcasm always makes my day...

the PSP may have the power to run these emulators, but barely any of them run at a decent frame rate, not to mention that controls from many of the pre-pre-historic systems would not be easily implemented without another nub or more shoulder buttons.I'm not saying these are not possible, but it would be very hard to play some of these games without more controls.

-James

i dont know what systems ur playing, but the big 4 (nes, snes, genesis, and neo geo) play pretty good to me. and sougen (coder of the psp genesis emu) wrote on this very site that his work would slow down. this is volunteer work. alot of emus work great with very few annoyances. enjoy them!!! all these games need is full screen, speed, and saves. no cheats, no rapid fire, just the stuff that came with the game. u guys get a foot... u want a yard!!!

da relic

chronoswing
August 13th, 2005, 05:35
i just wnt people to finish what they started
we have a GBA, a PSX and a Genesis emulator, they are just incomplete
people have fun porting things (well, I have...)
MFX for VMU worked quite well, if you remember (it's unoficial and only in corean)

when NG was released i bought one with 2 games, now it's in the garage,getting some dust, as I can play the same games and more in my pc :P

Why does everyone keep saying the genesis emu is incomplete? Last I check PSPGenesis runs pretty much all games, I've had 1 that froze after the sega splash screen. And it runs them all full speed. Plus you got save states and screen size options. What part of that is incomplete? The SNES emu's are way more incomplete than the genesis one.

Smiths
August 13th, 2005, 13:23
Just FYI I recall somewhere, perhaps ps2dev forums, someone was mentioning a WIP Atari 2600 emu.

So I believe there's one in the making

ataribob
August 13th, 2005, 22:00
Pitfall 2 is the game

LordVox
August 16th, 2005, 14:00
new version of PSP MAME is out now.
v 0.4 supporting v 0.97 roms, and more features and variety as well!

ataribob
August 16th, 2005, 14:35
It's great it worked for all 6 of the games I tried.
Wish there wer somw way we could speed the PSP Clock up.
It's slow and the Sound needs to be turned off.
Can't read Japanese and no way to figure out how to set it??

Paulmolive
August 16th, 2005, 21:52
Why does everyone keep saying the genesis emu is incomplete? Last I check PSPGenesis runs pretty much all games, I've had 1 that froze after the sega splash screen. And it runs them all full speed. Plus you got save states and screen size options. What part of that is incomplete? The SNES emu's are way more incomplete than the genesis one.

Yeah the emu runs full speed but some games require frame skip 2-3.

Cap'n 1time
August 16th, 2005, 22:13
Im not sure if I have the updated one.. but I couldnt get road rash to work... other then that everything else i tried seemd to work well.