PDA

View Full Version : VGA Box For DC

Eric
August 3rd, 2004, 09:49
I am now thinking about getting a VGA box for my DC depending what it does and what its for. What i want to know if it connects to the tv or does it connect to a PC monitor instead? Is it that much different from the S-Video Cable

Thanks

Eric

Hola
August 3rd, 2004, 17:54
A good vga box lets you use svideo composite or hook it up to your PC moniter. However the only part thats actually VGA about it is hooking it up to your VGA moniter.

A moniter looks much clearer than Svideo on HDTV.

There kinda hard to find now and sometimes people will rip you off and want like $70 for them. I got a new one thats really good for only $20 awhile back at animazement.

Also some games dont support VGA modes.

I can only name a few
DDR 2nd
DDR club
Skies of Arcadia
Soul Calibur

Anything that normally uses 320x240 wont work

Another than that enjoy it alot as it makes games look a 1000 times better.

Kamjin
August 3rd, 2004, 18:53
Eric,

http://www.jandaman.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=DC

The $10 one has Composite,SVideo, and RGB.. I've ordered from him a few times, and he ships out of Vancouver for us, so no $10 to clear customs or GST..

Hola
August 3rd, 2004, 20:51
Wow thats nice I hardly see ones with RGB on them. Is its euro vga?

Kamjin
August 3rd, 2004, 21:43
I wrote RGB..meant VGA, it can be hacked to to TV RGB, by cutting a wire, but there's a SCART cable there for $3.. so what would be the point ;D..

Eric
August 4th, 2004, 07:02
So the next about RGB isnt that component that would be amazing the only thing that sucks is i am using my DVD player in that port of my TV and also i dont know if component would make to much of a difference on a Color Tube 27inch Panasonic Tao tv and its not widescreen. *

It has amazing picture though and my games already look pretty decent using the YWR (red,white and yellow cable). Will SCART be compatible with my August 2000 NTSC dreamcast model?

Thanks

Eric

Eric
August 4th, 2004, 07:38
Also i just signed up for an account to the site will i just get billed to my house so i can go to my bank and pay the bill off and also i live in Oshawa close to Toronto will he also help me out there?

Eric

Eric
August 5th, 2004, 07:44
Kamjin help me out canadian brother lol

Kamjin
August 5th, 2004, 08:17
So the next about RGB isnt that component that would be amazing the only thing that sucks is i am using my DVD player in that port of my TV and also i dont know if component would make to much of a difference on a Color Tube 27inch Panasonic Tao tv and its not widescreen. *

It has amazing picture though and my games already look pretty decent using the YWR (red,white and yellow cable). *Will SCART be compatible with my August 2000 NTSC dreamcast model?

Thanks

Eric

Odds are you don't have a SCART connector on your TV.. RGB might be possible, but odds are you have component Y pbpr... You'll have to take a look at the back of the tv, and tell me what's written on the connectors.

I don't know if the shop does COD, best bet is to just ask him, see if he can do a COD, or send him a cheque.

Eric
August 5th, 2004, 08:26
No he doesnt have any RGB and if COD is component RGB is the same and i know for sure my tv has RGB cause i work with electronics and at a store no offense to you my pal and i do want to know if S-Video would be the best way to go cause RGB is no where to be found and i dont want to use credit and what S-Video looks like.

Kamjin
August 5th, 2004, 09:56
SVideo not sure if you mean physically or picture quality,
(just in case) physically looks like http://pinouts.ru/data/pin_SVideo.shtml

Picture quality, it makes a big difference. There's no color bleeding, the image gets much sharper.

Eric
August 6th, 2004, 07:41
LoL i know what one looks like thanks for description with picture quality though cause i am having bleeds with the normal audio video jacks. I do need help with that account information though cause i dont have a credit card but i would like to know if they just bill it to your house and you can pay it at your bank. BTW i live by toronto if thats information thats needed.

Thanks

Eric