PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to go back to the ofw?

RorinDragho
February 14th, 2008, 23:58
I was wondering if it is possible to go back to the original state of my psp, or update it back to original firmware once I have installed custom firmware on my psp-slim?

hodgy47
February 15th, 2008, 02:26
Yes, If your using a fat, use pandora and downgrade to 1.50 then run the official updater.

If on slim use despertar to go to the firmware previous to the one your using now then run the official updater to go higher.

BUT I must ask why official, cfw is official with some tweeks which actually makes it better.

RorinDragho
February 16th, 2008, 12:46
Cause you never know that policy might change, for now it seems that homebrew for the ps3 is actually supported (so I've heard, I don't own one yet) but not for the psp.

Just wanted to make sure I can bring it back to ofw if their policy ever changes regarding the psp.

Although I higly doubt it, since allowing homebrew doesn't disallow iso's.
So if they did change their policy they'd either be cutting their own wallets, or they'd have to find a way to support homebrew while effectively blocking iso's.

But you never know we might actually be able to run some homebrew apps with ofw. :rofl:

bah
February 16th, 2008, 13:29
I run all my homebrew under an OFW, 1.50. :)

Wally
February 17th, 2008, 02:52
There's going to be pirates regardless of what Sony do.

However I think most of the pirates are just trying out the games as there aren't enough demos to go around, last time i checked there are at least 20 demos and 300 game titles.

Wally

RorinDragho
February 17th, 2008, 14:39
Yeah and most demo's are Japanese language even,

Btw thanks for the info