PDA

View Full Version : Help me boot anything, please!

recluse
August 4th, 2004, 22:36
I just bought a DC (for an amazing $15 at Electronics Botique + $5 for 2 games). The manufacture date is Dec. 1999, according to the DC case. I have not managed to get anyhing to boot from a CD-R. I have tried burning Dchakker, NesterDC7.1 and dreamsnes-0.9.89 disk juggler images with DJ 4.1. I have also tried Self Boot inducer v4 using the built in CDrecord and various SBIs (DreamSNES, NesterDC). Everything burns fine from what I can tell, but the DC doesn't seem to recognize any of the disks. I have played music burned same media just fine. Can anyone help me figure out if this is the DC, my CD burner, or the always likely operator error.

Please help before I pull all my hair out and decide all of this wonderfull homebrew/emulation is a fairytale!!

krowstrife
August 4th, 2004, 22:50
i suggest you burn really slow at least 8x speed for best results

recluse
August 4th, 2004, 23:12
I burned at no higher than 12X, and some at 4. I may try again if I don't here any other sugestions.

Thanks for the sugestion.

recluse
August 5th, 2004, 15:06
PROGRESS!! The problem was my cd burner (or possibly hidden software) or media. I think it is my burner though. I burned disks at work with a couple of CD-Rs there. One on a win2k and one on redhat box. BOTH WORKED.

Hope this helps others.