PDA

View Full Version : PSP Upgrade firmware 2.0?

Pumapride
August 12th, 2005, 10:13
Has anyone heard about this? Supposedly Sony is going to make the 2.0 firmware available which includes an internet browser as well as a few other features. If one were to dl this firmware and install it, would it negate any emulation that you might already have on the system?

So many questions, but I know you guys have a lot of smart answers for me.

Omoikane
August 12th, 2005, 10:22
so far you cannot run emulation/homebrew on any version other higher than 1.5.
so yeah youd be outta luck if you upgraded to 1.51, 1.52, 2.0 and wanted emus.
however, im sure that in time someone will release something that will enable hombrew/emulation on the newer firmware, be it cracks, or outright modding the hardware. (im hoping for a modchip so i can play newer games and still keep my emus) :)

shadowprophet
August 12th, 2005, 14:31
Yeah so far only the 1.0 and the 1.5 have been exploited to run homebrew.
And with every firmware update sony is makeing it harder and harder to exploit.
I wouldnt update if you still wanted to run homrbrew. But as time goes by sony is going to keep makeing the deal even sweeter to upgrade. This last update gave us changible wallpapers and a nice web browser. I forsee that somday an update will come out somtime ,that may pursuade many to update there systems. This will never happen for me. If the time comes that I must have these new features, I will just break down and get another psp. I really tho, dont think I would love the psp nearly as much if it wasnt for homebrew, To be honest:p

RabidPuppi
August 12th, 2005, 19:31
yeah id have to say the psp is kinda lame except for the emus. im really disappointed with it. after the commercial releases ive seen so far theres no way id give up a portable snes/ge/etc. etc. for any new fangled game... although the whole reason i bought it originally was for gran turismo

leggy
August 14th, 2005, 16:37
I upgraded mine to 2.0 so I could use the browser. It's so easy to use and is great fun!

I have plenty of games. a few movies and homebrew does nothing for me.

shadowprophet
August 14th, 2005, 20:15
I suppose a lot of people would flame you for updateing, But I have to say,
you knew to conciquences and opted to update anyway. In my book you just seem to be a person that knew what you wanted.
congrats leggy. I guess. I would still never update mine tho :D

Kpow
August 15th, 2005, 22:05
I'm with Leggy, everyone has their differences and should not be flamed for them, and this is not the forum for getting in to the homebrew/anti-homebrew debate.

Leg, did you get the Jap in the end or US?