PDA

View Full Version : is there a wifi range amplifier?

Omoikane
August 12th, 2005, 10:47
it seems the range on these psps is pretty short, so is there a way, either by hardware, or hardware modding to increase the psps wifi range capabilities? having a portable internet browser is badass but if i cant even get a connection...

peanut
August 12th, 2005, 11:30
yes...put ur psp in a pringles can then point it towards the wireless router :)

Omoikane
August 12th, 2005, 12:15
are you being serious or are you joking, itd look kinda silly; someone taping a pringles can to a psp :p

bill00000
August 12th, 2005, 13:36
Are you sure it's not your router? Do you have a laptop that works father away than the psp?

Omoikane
August 12th, 2005, 15:57
i dont use it at home (but yes my router sucked, i found it on the street in bloomington, IN and finally died two days ago). but my friend works next to a computer store and i get online in there. getting online isnt the problem, its finding an access point thats the problem, and if i had a better range with my psp i could get online in more places. i dont really wanna tape a pringles can to my psp to get better range. :p however that would look really funny :)

peanut
August 12th, 2005, 18:40
best just to buy urself a new cheap router then

Kpow
August 13th, 2005, 09:49
I've test two PSP's in a straight line at 100 metres, effective at about 50, but it's always going to depend in clutter.

Omoikane
August 13th, 2005, 19:26
i dont use this at home.............ok. i want to use it when im NOT at home as i have a computer to go online with whenever i want. and if i had a LARGER range i could get MORE access points, instead of being 5 feet outside of the range of an access point ill be inside one. just makes the psp more usable IMO.