PDA

View Full Version : US and Euro PSP games don't mix.

consoul
August 12th, 2005, 16:33
This probably isn't a going to be a surprise to anyone, but I can confirm from testing yesterday that US PSP games and their soon-to-be-released Euro/Australian/NZ equivalents will not establish ad hoc multiplayer sessions with each other, regardless of which game is used as the host.

Pretty much as expected, but a pity nonetheless.

Shiaoran
August 12th, 2005, 22:56
likely... most consoles don't mix games...
it was the time that u could get a genesis and play ntsc, pal-n, pal-m and pirates without any modification...

yah_mon
August 14th, 2005, 21:43
Its the same with japan/US games isnt it?

From my understanding, regardless of which version console you have, it just cant connect japan and US games. Please correct me if im wrong.

consoul
August 15th, 2005, 03:02
Yes, US and Jap games won't ad hoc together either. Jap and Euro games don't either of course.
Anyway, some good news I can report is that the Euro version of WipEout Pure had some bonus extras that the US version doesn't. Playable demos of both Fired Up and Medievil:Resurrection were available from the new "teasers" option on the main menu. The "Downloads" option of the US version now reads "Online" in the Euro release too. Could it possibly support infrastructure mode (true online) now? Couldn't find out any more unfortunately, as the Euro in-game website hasn't gone live yet. It just went to the familiar blank grey WipEout browser screen.