PDA

View Full Version : Moonshell GnM help(4 a noob)

shtonton
February 18th, 2008, 18:09
before i start; sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.

I have installed Moonshell on my Games n music and as soon as i start the app it tells me there was an error but proceeds to the normal page without a problem. Then when i try to open an application from there (like DSaim for example) it tells me it isnt supported. Is there something wrong with it or how can i fix it?

once again, im sorry if this is the wrong place to post, i dont know my way around the site much

baker411
February 18th, 2008, 20:30
My games n music does that too.........but i think its because moonshell doesnt launch homebrew(i dont thinK) try getting some videos. All you gotta do is convert a video you got with moonshell tools or somthen like that. By the way if you want to open homebrew go get DSOrganize then if you hate the games n music loader as much as i do rename DSOrganize to Bootme.nds that boots straight into moonshell. OH ONE MORE THING! if you are new new to homebrew scene go get DLDI gnm patch. :)

shtonton
February 19th, 2008, 05:15
thanks. And i've tried DSOrganize and it gave me the same problem. And i do have the DLDI patch just so anyone know. I thought i saw someone on youtube launching their homebrew while on it...

DanTheManMS
February 19th, 2008, 05:27
That error message is normal. The idea is that you should only be worried if it gets stuck on the screen so you can read it. It happens on all devices, so don't worry about it.

Moonshell can boot applications when using some slot-2 devices, but not on newer devices. I've never had much success booting apps in DSO so I can't give much advice there.

spannernick
February 20th, 2008, 21:29
Hi all,i am a GnM user too and sorry moonshell don't work with it..

I use dsorganize 3.1 and 3.2 and all is working fine...:)

Heres a video of dsorganize working on my GnM...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Md5Xo1CIYI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Md5Xo1CIYI

Here is my version,try it for youself..DIDL patched all ready and has a new skin too..;)

Span...

Togetherdukki
February 28th, 2008, 20:54
Im wondering is it possible for someone to upgrade the latest moonshell to show the same index when you use explorer (Windows (XP)) and if there is an easy way to add new functions to moonshell especially such as playing a homebrew game and returning back to moonshell without turning the ds off and on would be cool too. :rolleyes::cool:
It would get even better if the DSFile2 homebrew functions could be mixed up with it so you could rename, delete and such on the DS. :eek::thumbup::o