PDA

View Full Version : Porting PAL to NTSC Please someone do it

Santaaa
August 13th, 2005, 16:48
Hi I am an American gamer that loves Dreamcast homebrew. I have gotten tons of free games from other sites but I have now run out of games to get and there are no new games on the sites I used. This site seems to be constantly getting new games. For some reason I can not get them to boot on my Dreamcast with DC Hakker or Demo Menu from dchomebrew.org. I believe it is an issue of being a PAL signal and not an NTSC signal so it will not load on my system. I want someone to start a project that will allow gamers to use a boot disc and set what type of signal they need to use for it to work on their game system no matter what the signal is it will change it to the needed signal. I hope it is possible if not how about someone porting the games to NTSC systems and give the NTSC gamers hope of new DC games. I do not have anywhere near the amount of expierence to do it myself. If there is some other reason it is not working let me know what I can do to get it to run on my system. I have seen a ton of awesome games on your site that I would love to play. Please help me out and help out others.

Sweater Fish Deluxe
August 13th, 2005, 19:56
I believe there are three or four games that won't work on NTSC TVs (Vorton and Efe-Cero and probably a couple others) and a handful of demos, but 95% of homebrew stuff that you get a dchomebrew.org will work fine on an NTSC Dreamcast and TV, so that's almost certainly not the problem you're having.

What games have you tried and what exactly is the problem you're having?

...word is bondage...

Eric
August 14th, 2005, 01:11
there is a 50 htz version of Efe-Cero though i cant remember where it is Ron showed me but i cant remember. As for Vorton i have no clue if there is a 50htz version but i wouldnt mind having that game cause it looks great.

Sweater Fish Deluxe
August 14th, 2005, 03:03
There's 50Hz versions of those games for sure, it's 60Hz NTSC versions that are lacking. There is a version of Efe-Cero floating around which claims to be 60Hz and the title screen is indeed 60Hz, but in-game it goes back to 50.

...word is bondage...