PDA

View Full Version : Need lots of help/direction with bricked PSP...

jason_ford
February 18th, 2008, 21:31
Hey,

First off, sorry if I'm missing some obvious link or tutorial that could solve all my problems..but I figured I'd ask about them directly so I don't do something retarded.

To start, I have a bricked PSP. It was running on custom Firmware at some point (around the early 3.xx) and I tried to upgrade or something and it bricked. This was also right around when the whole Pandora's Battery discovery came about...but I never really picked up on that. But I assume thats my out?

Anyhow, I somehow need to unbrick my PSP and get it up to speed as far as custom firmware. I have another PSP with an older Custom Firmware around if necessary, but I'd prefer avoiding using it if possible. I also have a 2gb and 4gb memory cards available, as I assume I might need one or the other.

Lastly, how do I check if I have a special mobo (I recall TA-082 were an issue, I'm not sure if they still are).

I was planning on following this tutorial here:
http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-hardware-guides/23428-guide-making-pandoras-battery-new-method.html

So I'm not sure if thats safe or if someone could redirect me to a better guide or tutorial around here.

Thanks for any help,

Jason

Eviltaco64
February 18th, 2008, 22:49
That tutorial sounds fine.

Just buy a TOOL Battery from Codejunkies or Divineo and use a Pandora Memory stick creator. Ask around DCEmu for one.

Good luck,
-Eviltaco64

hodgy47
February 19th, 2008, 01:58
If you have an old psp running custom firmware dont buy a battery you can convert your own, TA082 is an old issue its not a problem when using pandora and as Eviltaco64 said just search for an easy installer or use the psp you have already to make a magic memstick then covert it to despertar it will unbrick directly to 3.71m33 or 3.80m33 if you use v3 or v4 respectively

jason_ford
February 19th, 2008, 02:11
Can anybody link me to a solid magic memstick creator? And does the psp (working) with custom firmware have to have the same firmware as the memstick?

And I still have to make a battery, correct?

hodgy47
February 19th, 2008, 17:54
If you have a custom fw psp download upms installer it run from the psp and does everything in 3 easy steps, an yes you have to make a pandora battery.

Download upms from here http://www.upms-project.com/modules.php?name=News&op=NEArticle&sid=27 and the tutorials are there too.