PDA

View Full Version : Clicks for Devs - Starting in September!

EvilDragon
August 13th, 2005, 22:08
Well, some may know this from gp32x.com.

Clicks for Devs is a service I run there successfully since a few months, now I decided to start this service for the PSP scene as well.

The idea is simple: I have a Google Banner on my site (www.psparchive.de).
But the money I earn from these clicks each month will be 100% donated to a dev.

And who this is is YOUR decision!

This is how it works:
A few days before start of each month, there will be a voting between ten devs.
A dev who won the voting once can't be voted again for at least 3 months.
As there are more than ten devs out there, but we can't have bigger votings, the voting for the next month will consist of the places 2 - 5 from the voting before and 6 devs who haven't been in the voting before.
I keep track of who was on the voting list when, so you can be sure it will be fair for all.

When the dev has been decided, he gets the money from the clicks I make with the google banner. This doesn't mean you should go clicking there like hell - but you can be sure you actually support the devs simply by clicking.

Now, I need some suggestions for devs (together with an information which program he created) for the first round!

So start your suggestions NOW :)

xuphorz
August 13th, 2005, 22:13
Y from UO_snes9x

ganon
August 13th, 2005, 23:12
Y from UO_snes9x

definately

Bloodsack
August 13th, 2005, 23:32
YoyoFr for NeoCD PSP v0.5

xuphorz
August 14th, 2005, 03:02
how'd this become a sticky?

nevyn
August 14th, 2005, 03:51
Shine for LuaPlayer.

FrozenIpaq
August 14th, 2005, 04:01
hehe, seems that after I said: what do other sites do to contribute to the PSP scene, he puts this up ;)

Good job though, but Wraggster..did you really have to add all that: correct linkage parts....

Smiths
August 14th, 2005, 06:59
Frozen- unfortunately I think that's going to be on the "constant reminder" list. the more people see it, the more they go "hey, what that mean?" and look up info and background.

I wish it didn't hae to be that way, believe it or not. Didn't have to deal with this scene-scummage when I was doing GBA devving.

Anywho, my list is the TYL team (it's mainly Yoyo admittedly, but I think they split it some way), y from uo_snes9x (Japanese paypal exists quite well; it only has a problem taking funds out of a Japanese bank account... putting them in is fine), Sougen (NHL 94 on the go with at least 3x the battery of Nomad!), Mirakichi and Ruka obviously (though again, we'd need to 'globalize' this a bit more with communications and whatnot)
That's emulators only for me; though Lua is definitely up-and-coming and whoopin', so I say Shine as well.
nexis might just be the first author to give us Wifi head-to-head emulator support... so keep an eye on that guy!

It's fun naming names... the PSP community has a veritable "who's who" going within 3.5 months!

p4ch3c0
August 14th, 2005, 07:27
Don't forget Osakana (http://osakanapsp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/) for fMSX.

I really like this idea. The devs deserve some kind of reward for all of the work they do.

EvilDragon
August 14th, 2005, 12:28
hehe, seems that after I said: what do other sites do to contribute to the PSP scene, he puts this up ;)

Well, as said, I wanted to start this earlier (as the same thing is running well in the GP32 scene already), but I wanted to start this on PSPXtreme once hando (the webmaster from gp32x.com) opened it... well, he didn't have time and gave up on it for now, so I didn't have a board to do this ;)

Now is the time :)

Oh, and Smiths:
Could you check if the Japanese authors have a PayPal account?
I don't speak any Japanese, and I definately need a way to donate the money to them if they win. Thanks :)

indianajonesilm
August 14th, 2005, 13:37
Shine for LuaPlayer.

I agree!

Valiant
August 14th, 2005, 13:41
dang cant recall his name, the author of PSwan....dang, if only if this one had nice sound.

wraggster
August 14th, 2005, 14:05
theres so many worthy Devs its gonna be a struggle :)

FrozenIpaq
August 14th, 2005, 15:37
I would suggest Socals (author of Squarez), but he doesn't have a way of donating to him, and I'm unsure if he even has paypal :(

I think it should go out to people who do no take ports from computer apps, and such, like starting scrath developers :)

Cap'n 1time
August 16th, 2005, 21:05
I would suggest Socals (author of Squarez), but he doesn't have a way of donating to him, and I'm unsure if he even has paypal :(

I think it should go out to people who do no take ports from computer apps, and such, like starting scrath developers :)

well, if i were looking at it thatway i would say romshark for his scorched game that is comeing along nicely.. or perhapes whatshisface for the wonderfull Dr. Mario remake, or even the smashGP guy- techinically he did make it from scratch in the first place you know..

Otherwise i would look at nexis2600 or yoyo