PDA

View Full Version : SNES9x TYL on PSP

Eviltaco64
February 18th, 2008, 22:44
Hello, Eviltaco64 here.

I want to buy/mod a PSP sometime in the next 2 months.
I've learned a lot about teh emulaterz from DCEmu :thumbup:, but I have a few questions about SNES9x TYL:

1.) Whats the newest release? The last time I looked it was 0.4.2.

2.) In these newer releases, how well do SA-1 and Super FX/FX 2 games (mainly Mario RPG, Kirby Superstar, and the Starfox games) run with sound?

3.) Have I ever told you that I love you all MORE than just friends? :p

Thanks for all your help in advance,
-Eviltaco64DD

Wally
February 18th, 2008, 23:07
1. ITs 0.4.2 thats correct. Ruka of NesterJ released another version but its never been updated.

3) ahwww :)

Eviltaco64
February 19th, 2008, 00:02
Thanks, Wally.

But I still need to know how well the SA-1/Super FX games work

Eviltaco64
February 19th, 2008, 05:13
Bump

DanTheManMS
February 19th, 2008, 05:32
From my understanding, they still run somewhat slowly. SMRPG can run faster with the speedhack I created, but my attempts at speedhacking the other games were fruitless.

Keep in mind there are tons of variants of SNES9X you can try. There's the official one, Ruka's one, Chilly Willy's one, "uo SNES" or something like that, others modified by davex, etc. If I had a PSP myself, I could be more specific.

bah
February 19th, 2008, 06:17
Starfox is pretty slow, I wouldnt call it playable personally.

Dont expect superFX games to run that well, some games that used similar chips like DKC are certainly playable, they do slow down sometimes though.
Full on 3d games using the superFX are not so great.

There has not been a new version of the emu for a long time, and I doubt any of the mods of it are much better apart from perhaps having a more detailed speedhacks file. I used a supposedly better speedhack file from another emulator and while some games ran faster, many crashed where they were stable before. It's homebrew that's free as in beer, you can't expect perfection, just be appreciative of how well it does work.

Also, no need to bump a 5 hour old thread man, i know wraggster's spam bots are great at burying actual content but it's polite to wait a while longer before bumping.

Eviltaco64
February 19th, 2008, 10:26
Starfox is pretty slow, I wouldnt call it playable personally.

Dont expect superFX games to run that well, some games that used similar chips like DKC are certainly playable, they do slow down sometimes though.
Full on 3d games using the superFX are not so great.

There has not been a new version of the emu for a long time, and I doubt any of the mods of it are much better apart from perhaps having a more detailed speedhacks file. I used a supposedly better speedhack file from another emulator and while some games ran faster, many crashed where they were stable before. It's homebrew that's free as in beer, you can't expect perfection, just be appreciative of how well it does work.

Also, no need to bump a 5 hour old thread man, i know wraggster's spam bots are great at burying actual content but it's polite to wait a while longer before bumping.

Thanks for the info.

And yeah, you're right about bumping so soon. But I didnt want it to die. It was practically burried by PSPFanboy/Wraggster advertising for Play-Asia Shite.