PDA

View Full Version : Bootdisc problem!!!!Chankast and Co!!

RavenCloud
February 19th, 2008, 01:36
Hi there,

I really need some help, because my girlfriend bought me a dreamcast today and I really was happy like hell.

But not everything is workin that fine.
I am from europe, so my dreamcast is european.

I tested 3 games.!st Dead or Alive 2 limited (which was a selfboot disc and japanese) and it worked without Utopia, then crazy taxi 2 which also worked without utopia (strange because it wasn't a selfboot game) and last but not least Evolution (the rpg) and in this case my problem started.

First this game wasn't a selfboot game but first I tried it to start without utopia because crazy taxi 2 also worked without it but not evolution.

So I ended up in the menue and when I tried to click on "game start" it says "please insert game disc".

So now I will explain my steps I did after that, maybe I did something wrong:

So next I put the utopia disk into the dreamcast and started the dreamcast again.Then the screen came up where this rudolf the rednose reindeer kind of thing is turning arround in the middle of the screen and on the left and the write site you can read the lines "boot insert" or something like that, ....

ok now I opened the dreamcast (with the but screen running) and but evolution in it.Then the screen changed a bit everything turned black and only this reindeer was turning arround in the middle of the screen and behind it there was also a disc or something which look like it also turning arround...btu it was not fluently it stocked sometimes...but in the end nothing happened ..no game started nothing.

I tried 3 different bootdiscs but nothing helped.

Did I something wrong or maybe I didn't wait long enough as the screen changed.

Please help me.

Maybe I should only burn games which are selfbooted..maybe

And about Chankast.It doesn't work.I have all bios and file but I allways ended up in the menue and when I click on the game start button he says "insert game disc".or something like that.

How do a make a cdi file into a selfboot dc cdi??

RC~

PS:is there someone who maybe have a better alternative to utopia like DC-X.Where can I download it?

fackue
February 19th, 2008, 03:14
No piracy stuff. It's actually a rule - maybe you should read them?

About the emulator, I would use nullDC or Makaron.