PDA

View Full Version : psp connection problems

bacalacadaca
February 19th, 2008, 09:56
i need help if theres any way to resolve this problem
after downgrading to firmware 1.50 my psp wont pick up my routers connection it picks up other routers in the distance but it wont pick mine up even though im right infront of it i noticed that it will pick it up when i scan for a second then i guess the connection is lost after that I have also noticed that when i upgrade back to 2.00 or higher it gets it no problem

i really need help on this one because i want to test out psp tube and i dont have a big enough memory card to install custom firmware

bah
February 19th, 2008, 10:19
You probably use WPA encryption on your network while firmwares below 2.0 only support WEP.

Buy a bigger memory card or set your router to use the (less secure) WEP encryption type.

bacalacadaca
February 20th, 2008, 01:45
yeah i already set it up to wep but still no luck im getting my 1Gb in the mail soon but is ther still any way to resolve this?

bah
February 20th, 2008, 04:37
If its seeing other routers but not yours under 1.5, but sees your router fine under 2.0 then all I can think of is the encryption type.

Cant think of anything else besides stupid things such as power cycling the router and keep trying to add a new connection on the PSP, sorry.